#215976 18/10/09 09:39 PM
O
Othello Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
O
I have a black back ground on my mirc
When I use this code if someone is typing in black it shows up in black on my screen. Is there a way to have the script refer to the color codes used in the color dialog? When others talk in the channel it shows up in black with my black back ground.

code:
on ^*:TEXT:*:#: {
echo -tlmi2 # $+(,,%bclr,-={,%clr,,,%nclr,$chr(32),$remove($nick(#,$nick).pnick,@,+,%,!,&,~),$chr(32),,,%clr,]=-,) $1-
halt
}

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
/help echo

Have ya looked?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
1) Just in case, make sure you did not set the color "normal text" in the colors dialog to the background color.
2) replace in your script the last ctrl-B char "" with a ctrl-O "". (The current ctrl-B aka $chr(2) will do/undo a bold formatting, but will keep all other formattings - eg colors. A ctrl-O aka $chr(15) on the other hand side will undo *all* text formatting, which in turn ensures $1- is displayed like received)

Or do you want to be able to read all text - regardless if it was colored in your own background color - without stripping all the other colors?

Last edited by Horstl; 18/10/09 10:26 PM.
O
Othello Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
O
Thanks Dr Sol for the input on the /echo. I should of thought of that and looked at the help file first. It seems I have more to add to this script to correct any unforeseeable issues like this with in the total script. I just took it as $1- would repeat the line as it was posted in the channel including the colors the line was posted in. Not taking in account that some folks still post in b&w.

And thank you Horstl. I guess when I tried to simplify the script I did not think of a minor issue like that wound cause a unforeseeable problem.

Last edited by Othello; 19/10/09 12:56 AM.

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Originally Posted By: Othello
Thanks Dr Sol for the input on the /echo.
lol I like DR_Sol better than DJ_Sol

Link Copied to Clipboard