Print Thread
G
Gewisch Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Hiya!

To begin with, a clap of good cause for still working on development for this really impressive IRC client. I've myself used it on a regular basis since late 1996, where the version was 4.x, if I recall correctly.

However. To my issue. As of yesterday, I had to do fresh format/reinstall of my computer. When I do this, I always tend to forget to backup important apps (eg. those who contain lots of personalized settings). This time though, I actually managed to remember it. So, I just stored the whole \mirc\ dir in a 7z archive for later unpacking.

Guess what, when I extracted the archive my settings where blanked. It didn't take me long to discover the issue. Obviously, nowadays mIRC has individual settings for users as default, which is a neat feature, except for me, at this very moment wink

So, I wonder. I there any way (a reg key or such) to, ehrm, well, like have mIRC to skip the use of User\Application Data\.mIRC\ and instead use - oldschool style - %mircdir%\mirc.ini for all users?

I know the %mircdir%\mirc.ini i already there, but I'm having some doubts on whether I can rely on it to store changed settings and such to this file, and not to User\Application Data\.mIRC\

So, what would be the easiest approach here?

Regards~

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If all settings files are in the same directory as the mircexe, mIRC will use that location instead of APPDATA.
If you are using WinVista or Win7 then the mircexe folder CANNOT be in the Program Files directory for this to work.

Link Copied to Clipboard