Print Thread
#215328 11/09/09 10:06 PM
S
sirkit Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Ok, to start out I'm just going to explain everything as best as I can..

I always have my mIRC client maximized, along with all of the windows maximized.

This is the second time this bug has occurred, I do not know what I was doing the first time it occurred, so I'm just going to give all of the information I possibly can.

A friend of mine had signed onto irc with his mobile irc client, so I decided to bug him a bit, I ctcp'd him, notice'd him, notice'd the channel, attempted to dcc him but the file didn't exist, msg'd the channel, talked a little bit (didn't switch any windows or anything) moved my mouse to the left (my mouse has tapping off) and boom...this happens.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7121/mircbug.png
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6730/mircbug2.png

how I temporarily fixed it: unmaximizing, and remaximizing the window.

It has not happened since then.

note: this is mIRC 6.35, the script is my own, everything in it was scripted by me, there are NO dll's, or ANY modifications to mIRC's GUI, the script does not have ANY functions that mess with window size, where windows go, or ANYTHING of that nature.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
In mIRC type //echo -a $md5($mircexe,2) $version $os $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

Report the results here.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
sirkit Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
2f63a83968f9586fe4fb48134253619c 6.35 XP 8 0 0

S
sirkit Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I can assure you my script isn't causing these issues, the only time it even uses /window is to /window -g2 $chan, for highlighting, which did not occur either times this bug has occurred.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
That may or may not be true. The only way to 100% test it is to use a clean install of Mirc and see if it keeps happening. time and time again we get people swearing that their scripts aren't the cause of the problem, but the problem goes away as soon as they use a clean install.

So try it that way first, please. smile

Yar
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Rather than making an assumption, why not ask those reporting the issue to paste the script and confirm? Just because the problem goes away when one unloads a script doesn't mean the script is the problem (though it is likely to be).

Sirkit, care to paste your script?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
It's not an assumption (you seem to have a weird obsession with that word). Having the user reproduce under a clean install is better/quicker than debugging other people's scripts every time someone reports a problem with mIRC. More importantly, it bypasses the need to even see the script. This user has 8 of them, I don't think you plan on looking through them all.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Meh... I've got a whole weekend to waste away wink (minus the hour and a half I'll be spending writing my own code)

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Given that he hasn't replied back, he may very well have solved the issue but getting rid of those 8 scripts. If that's the case, then this is EXACTLY why we ask for people to use a clean install.

Yar

Link Copied to Clipboard