mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Lynxer Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
Hi iv recently installed windows vista on my computer and now when Im in a search engine like xdccing and i click on the packet that i want to download instead of auto connecting to mirc like it always used to i know get a message saying that the programme i need is not installed, but it is and its running ok cos i can open it seperately and manually access the channels etc. Can anyone help please

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Reinstall mIRC.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Remember there's a difference between running mirc.exe and actually installing it.

As everyone knows you do not need to actually install mirc to run it.

So I am assuming argv0 means for you to uninstall it from Programs and then reinstall it with the executable you get from mirc.com.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I mean to install mIRC again. Uninstalling isn't necessary.

mIRC may not need to be "installed" to be used, but certain features like the irc:// link handlers are only configured at installation.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
L
Lynxer Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for that guys the reinstalling worked - sort of. When I click on the link in the search engine now now mirc opens which is good, but it still doesn't connect to the server or channel I have to do that manually so im guessing iv got some setting wrong somewhere - any ideas???

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
If it's not connecting then it could be the fault of the website. Perhaps you should take this up with them.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
L
Lynxer Offline OP
OP Offline
L
ok as long as its not something stupid im doing il try another search engine - since packetnews not around i cant seem to find another one that works as well, but il keep looking - thanks again all for your help smile

L
Lynxer Offline OP
OP Offline
L
thort it had it partly sorted but now i find that everytime i click on a link in the search engines it opens mirc all over again instead of re-opening the mirc thats already open - please help me before i go grey or pull all my hair out!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard