mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#214846 17/08/09 06:43 PM
L
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
I'm running Windows Vista, and it didn't break my computer using XP. So I'm assuming part of the problem is Vista.

But, no matter what program is open, I HAVE TO minimize mirc and manually change programs until Alt+Tab function will work.

Basically, until mirc is minimized I can't alt+tab shortcut to my other programs and it's a big pain on a laptop.

I googled some options, but none of them seemed to of solved my problem or were recent enough.

Again, it's only when mirc is being used, and it's only on my Vista computer. So that can't just be a coincidence can it?

Anyone have this problem or know of a way to fix it?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Since this happens with mIRC and Vista, but not mIRC and Windows XP, the problem, as it appears to me, is with Vista, not mIRC.

Thus said, you should take this situation up with Microsoft in the appropriate Vista forum.

P.S.: I have not encountered this situation with my desktop system that is running Vista.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Post the results to this command:

//echo -a $md5($mircexe,2) $version $os $script(0) $dll(0)

-genius_at_work

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
RusselB refers genius_at_work's post to lonewolfe2015

L
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
I would have, except I got VERY ticked off and just reinstalled a fresh copy of mirc. The fresh copy is working fine, so somewhere along the line of the last two days mirc and Vista weren't happy together.

For future reference, it was only when mirc was active.

So if I minimized mirc, my alt+tab function worked fine, along with the alt=tab+ctrl or the windows+tab uses. But when actively viewing mirc on my Vista computer, those 3 functions failed to change applications.

P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
P
ensure you don't have MIRC set to "always on top"

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: phate83
ensure you don't have MIRC set to "always on top"

That was my thought too. However, this would (or should!) not prevent the Alt+Tab window from showing up, assuming that's not happening.

Link Copied to Clipboard