mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
That is not an SSL connection-- if it were, the port number would be prefixed with a "+"

(15:19:03) * Connecting to irc.something.com (+6667)

The connection abort is likely being caused by an abrupt disconnection because youre not using SSL to connect to an SSL server.

Try /server yourserver.com +8899 or /server -e yourserver.com 8899

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
Originally Posted By: argv0
That is not an SSL connection-- if it were, the port number would be prefixed with a "+"

(15:19:03) * Connecting to irc.something.com (+6667)

The connection abort is likely being caused by an abrupt disconnection because youre not using SSL to connect to an SSL server.

Try /server yourserver.com +8899 or /server -e yourserver.com 8899

That was an example, I was infact connecting via SSL.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Show the actual error message then, because the "example" was wrong/misleading.

Basically if you arent even establishing a connection to the server it means you're either trying to connect to a NON-SSL server with SSL or vice versa-- neither one will work. Try another server or port, and verify that it accepts SSL connections.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
C
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
C
to my knowledge, the issue is a conflict between Windows live messenger and Mirc. it happened to me recently n Mirc n Wlive had disconnected everything was still good connection wise.
All I done was change my MTU settings too 1400... at the moment its fine. if I come up with any other info ill post smile

Last edited by computer_guru; 08/07/08 11:06 AM.
J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
I just installed mirc after years of not using it, I am getting this error every 10 minutes. my previous client Chatzilla has not disconnected in months.

So i would rule out computer / network issues.
Also my other persistent connections namely SSH have no issues, with connections lasting weeks on end.

Last edited by jfried; 14/08/08 10:01 PM.
H
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
H
I just installed mIRC again today after reformatting my PC and replacing my Modem/Router and I now get the 10053 error on one of the two IRC connnections I have running at the same time in the 1 client.

Last edited by Heyallo; 08/09/08 05:30 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

See if this helps you.

H
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
H
its not doing it so far. did before, but my ISP was doing some repairs to their gear (10min up/dowdtime while replacing gear) so that one was expected.

B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
i have been on mirc for some time now and i have change over computers installed mirc all going well until i whent 2 d/load it starts 2 d/load then it slows up and stops
and i get 10053 software caused connection abort
i have read though the forums and try all the tings they they say 2 try changing ports firewalls router MTU all sorts i can send i can stay in chans as long as i dont d/load
when i do and it stops i got 2 restart the computer 2 get the net bk on i can d/load from torrents and it dont go off and my other computer stays on line
now i am just lost ov what 2 try next any1 got any idears please

B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
This happened recently, my old XP desktop died and so I bought a new desktop along with a laptop both have Vista as the operating systems. This is when the problem started - I can't ever connect into the Rizon network and kept getting the disconnected and getting 10053 error. There are times after hours of continuous cycle of re-connecting to various servers, I would sometimes get on.

So I went through the all the possible fix:
- disable firewall
- disable virus protect
- don't have MSN
- only mIRC running
- reset TCP/IP
- changing default port
- logging onto SSL

But just today, I logged onto Irchighway network at the same time to Rizon network. I have stayed on Irchighway while I have been disconnected every 2sec.

I am at end and frustrated. Please help

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Those are not all the possible fixes, in fact, those are are a very small subset. You should also look into hardware problems such as faulty router, faulty network cables, bad wireless signal, bad phone line (dsl?), broken NIC card. Your isp might be at fault, as might the IRC server you're connecting to. It might be temporary, it might be permanent.

There's a lot more to 10053 than just "software" errors. From my experience, most of the problems stem from hardware issues.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
Originally Posted By: Jesus_On_Wheels
I think having a script that periodly messages a channel every so often would fix this problem for me, because it always happens when i idle.
However i'm fairly new at mirc, how/where can get a script to periodly message a channel for me with a timer?

Sounds like the same way I get the error. All's working fine, downloads are progressing, I let it idle for awhile then as soon as I post a new message, the software causes a disconnect. Maybe a script that regularly does auto posts so the software's not idling would solve the problem? Don't see an anti-idle scrip in the script section unfortunately.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Try this.

P
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
P
A lot of times you'll notice "Software caused Connection Abort." when mIRC has been idle for a period of time. I have recently ran in to this more as I have been using wireless. I would assume a lot of the time it's just the packetloss between the wireless connection (PC <-> Router), causing the connection to abort.

I may be wrong, but i'd say it's more a slight connection issue. Where it drops for a moment, and resumes.

- prez@dal.net

S
S
I have been getting this problem a lot within the past 4 days, but until then, I have NEVER had a problem.

Every 10 minutes or so, I get the 10053 error, BUT, I can still surf the internet and download off of Usenet without a problem

I do not have a router, and the NIC I'm using is built onto the motherboard, so I can't really change that at all.

I've closed down every single possible program that can interrupt IRC (MSN, Yahoo, AIM, Skype, AVG, Spybot), and STILL I get disconnected from IRC every few minutes.

I tried scanning for viruses - Nothing
I scanned for malware and spyware.
I've also used other IRC clients

Nothing seems to help.

Can someone help me? I'd rather avoid re-installing Windows (and everything else) as much as possible.

Last edited by SilverBlade; 25/07/09 01:25 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
As you probably noticed, there is no one, or even set of solutions guaranteed to handle this problem. I've even had it happen on one server, but not another, when both servers were connected to the same network.

If you don't want to re-install Windows, then by all means, don't.

Even if you did there's no guarantee that it would make any difference.

Personally I would love to see that error message be more specific regarding what software actually caused the connection to close, as it obviously has some way of detecting that it was software that caused the connection to close, rather than hardware.

S
S
All it says is "* [10053] Software caused connection abort"

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Ive gotten this error as a result of sending too many requests to the server too quickly.

D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
I'm having this same issue. I've read through this thread and tried everything I can, but nothing is working.

For me, I connect for about half a second before I'm disconnected. It's not like I'm in the middle of chatting, and boom I'm gone. I never get to the chatting part.

I have to assume my problem is my school. I just came back this past weekend, and mIRC isn't working. It's been working fine all summer, and even last semester at this same school.

And advice?

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard