mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
jassyvt Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I recieved a email trying to help me with a pvt msg window. I emailed them back but then thought I probably should of replied here, yet I can't find the post.

My problem is..I had to reinstall mIRC after a PC crash and I used to have it set up so my pvt msgs would go into the main window I was in instead of its own. I can't figure out how to make that happen again.

This is what I was told in the email....In the IRC options under "Main" try unchecking the "Dedicated Query Window" option, that should do it!

I cannot find anywhere in the options where it says *main* or *dedicated query window* I'm not sure if I am looking in the wrong place..but I thought I looked in all options and stiil none of that.

I took a screenshot of my options window..Is it somewhere here that I find it? and if so where? and if not...lol where do I find...main & dedicated query window?

Thanks for any help! This is driving me crazy. I've used mIRC for years and always had pvt msgs go into the same window I'm chatting in or in the main connect window if im not anywhere. And now I cant seem to find how to do it again.
[list]
[*]null

Guess I can't attach the screenshot to show you. Don't see where too sorry, but I could email it if needed.

Last edited by jassyvt; 19/07/09 05:35 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Maybe you want Tools > Options > IRC > Show in active: > Queries

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
or possibly Tools -> Options -> IRC -> Use single message window

J
jassyvt Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Thank you. I have that checked and it didnt help. I'm not sure that maybe I have something checked that shouldnt be or vice versa.

J
jassyvt Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Thank you. I have tried that and it didnt help. Im not sure that maybe I have something checked that shouldnt be or something that should be that I still dont have checked. Its driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
To attach a screen shot, use the image button, which is the 3rd icon from the left above the window when you post a message. Please note the the image must be located on the internet, as clicking that icon will prompt you for a URL.

If the image is on your computer, you will have to upload it to the internet first. There are a number of image hosting sites that are free to use.

We might be able to figure this out with the screen shot you mentioned earlier.

J
jassyvt Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Okay here is the screenshot. Now I was told in a email from someone here ( I can't seem to find the post I first asked about this, but they answered that one) they told me to click on dedicated query window ( or something like that ) but as you can see from this screen shot, there is no such thing to click on.

hope this helps you all, so you can help me lol.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The "Dedicated query window" feature you were told to uncheck was renamed to "Use single messages window". Uncheck that.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
do you happen to run any scripts that modify how text is displayed? that could affect where messages show up.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard