mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#21377 28/04/03 07:31 PM
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Is there any way i can remove the annoying logos from all over the invision script, i can understand Invision wanting to advertise their script but there must be better ways to do it. I tried deleting all the references to $ilogo from my script but then it stopped working.

Thanks for your help

#21378 28/04/03 07:36 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
LOL
1) Ask the maker of invision if he would remove those?
2) Remove invision
3) Install plain mIRC
4) Make your own scripts
5) delete your account to these boards as it's useless

I know all about how wonderful script invision is, so no need to tell about it to me.

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
#21379 28/04/03 08:22 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
/me sides with theRat.... Make ur own scripts, don't use otheres. Not only is there more satisfaction, but you actually *know* whats in the script. grin

-KingTomato
#21380 29/04/03 05:54 AM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
In addition to what theRat and KingTomato said, i'd like to add that it's really, really bad to remove stuff from stuff you didn't make. I'm the kind of scripter that likes to see his code AS IT WAS WHEN CODED, and not all edited by users who use it. Of course, if we're talking of functionallities such as User modes or any other kind of case-sensitive stuff, among other things, then it's alright. But for images, if the dude who scripted it made those image appear, they should stay there, period.

As long as you don't make it, you don't have the right to decide what it does or how it looks.

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.
#21381 29/04/03 06:12 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I reckon that script is over rated.

I tried deleting all the references to $ilogo from my script but then it stopped working.

It's probably some sort of rip protection - many scripts have it, including some old versions of mine, but over the years I got over that sort of thing to the point where I don't really care if people take things or remove logos, they will anyway.

Script popularity is proportional to the way it is "marketted". If a script advertises itself over and over or if the author goes from room to room spamming the balls off it then popularity is inevitable.

If you want to lose the logos and feel brave, email the script author, chances are he'll not provide a satisfactory reply though. Still, the worst he can do is say no...

#21382 29/04/03 06:33 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
if the author goes from room to room spamming the balls off it

Tell me about it. Every message, quit, kick, join, part, version, etc etc etc. I find the most humorous about it all is that beginners are the mjority of the audience, yet the tool these scripts entail are made for users with a little bit more..experience? When is the last time you saw a beginner launch a full-pledged Syn_Flood attack on a user who (just barely) can find out their own ip confused Heh.. grin

-KingTomato
#21383 29/04/03 06:36 AM
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Ah well, thanks for the replies. I'm only just starting with scripting and i don't know enough to write my own yet

#21384 11/05/03 01:31 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Why do you think they're called Skrypt Kiddies?

I'll never write a script with push-buttons for that reason, those are written for kids who cream a load with their free hand while laughing like a giddy school girl... as they disrupt a channel with their lameness.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#21385 13/05/03 04:40 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
try to find another ilogo-set. And if u dont like inovision logo then why u re using that?

Link Copied to Clipboard