Print Thread
#213077 17/06/09 12:17 PM
H
Hearty Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
I just recently reinstalled my windows, i installed Windows XP SP3 and now when i try to start mIRC nothing happens, it doesn't load or anything it's just like i didn't even click 2 times on the icon

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
any photos , logs ?? , how can we help you if we don't see the error message's and photos.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
You don't seems to get the point, he can't run mirc, there's no error message, what do you want to see ?

To the OP, try to turn your anti virus off.
Also, have you rename the .exe file ? mIRC won't run if the executable name don't begin with "mirc".

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, if the mIRC don't running this seems to have an ERROR that is not running probably an error message will be saw when trying to open the (mirc.exe) program.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What part of "nothing happens" did you not understand?

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ok, Then check if the mirc.exe isin the Windows program ignore list. (Wall of protect) and see if it is ticked.

H
Hearty Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
well i checked the firewall and everything that might be blocking it and it still doesn't run, today i reinstalled my windows once more and it ran perfectly for a couple of hours then i rebooted my PC and when i tried to start mIRC windows explorer gave me an error and then after that mIRC stopped working again, still no error message and it still doesn't run whatsoever from the exe in the folder nor the shortcut, might it be caused by a bad sector on my hard disk, cuz my HD is pretty f*cked now, the first sector is bad, which means most of my information is randomly getting tossed around laugh

H
Hearty Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
well i checked the firewall and everything that might be blocking it and it still doesn't run, today i reinstalled my windows once more and it ran perfectly for a couple of hours then i rebooted my PC and when i tried to start mIRC windows explorer gave me an error and then after that mIRC stopped working again, still no error message and it still doesn't run whatsoever from the exe in the folder nor the shortcut, might it be caused by a bad sector on my hard disk, cuz my HD is pretty f*cked now, the first sector is bad, which means most of my information is randomly getting tossed around laugh

H
Hearty Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
If i get a new hard drive i suppose it will start working?

Last edited by Hearty; 18/06/09 07:04 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
There's no way for us to answer this, but if your HD is bad, you have plenty of reason to replace it.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard