mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#212581 27/05/09 04:48 PM
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Hello,

I want to ask first that if the mIRC can have an Live Camera feature that can any user that is connected to the server to see the face of the other user that is connected to the same server, can this be possible to be added into the next version of the miRC ?

Last edited by westor; 27/05/09 04:48 PM.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Ugh. sick

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Considering the number of other requests regarding camera usage that have been suggested in the past, I wouldn't hold my breath on this.. and if it was implemented, I would hope that there'd be an option to have it disabled.

westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Why not will be added ? is not good to see your friend from the IRC? that way will make the IRC to have more downloads and more payments so i think it's a good idea!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You must have missed the recent discussion on this in another thread. There is already at least one third party solution to this-- use it. Khaled probably won't be wasting much effort into adding something that,
a) he has little experience with,
b) has nothing to do with IRC and
c) will probably not be used often enough to justify the resources he would spend on it.

If adding video means Khaled needs to spend more than 5% of his time maintaining said video code instead of fixing *real* issues pertinent to an IRC client, it would be a waste of time. This is probably rehashing the conversation that was just had in General Discussion, but if you want video, use Skype. IRC users don't use IRC for video, so what would be the point?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: argv0
You must have missed the recent discussion on this in another thread. There is already at least one third party solution to this-- use it. Khaled probably won't be wasting much effort into adding something that,
a) he has little experience with,
b) has nothing to do with IRC and
c) will probably not be used often enough to justify the resources he would spend on it.

If adding video means Khaled needs to spend more than 5% of his time maintaining said video code instead of fixing *real* issues pertinent to an IRC client, it would be a waste of time. This is probably rehashing the conversation that was just had in General Discussion, but if you want video, use Skype. IRC users don't use IRC for video, so what would be the point?

Yes but we use skype and not IRC ? , the IRC isn't a way just for mIRC Scripting to find issues and i think that there is no issue's to mIRC yet. In my opinion the Camera option for the mIRC will be good experience for the IRC (noobs) user's and more easy than the skype does, i know that the camera coding is not easy but i think that the Khaled have ideas for this, anyway thanks for answer.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
It's unlikely that Video on IRC will ever be simpler than services like AIM, Skype, MSN or Yahoo. "Noobs" who have trouble using services like Skype are unlikely to grasp concepts of IRC, let alone dealing with video.

I'm not sure what the rest of your post is trying to say-- if you're trying to say that mIRC has no issues, you should pay more attention to the bug reports forum; there are tons of outlying issues in far greater need of Khaled's attention than duplicating functionality that you can get from clients far more suited to the purpose.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
N
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
N
I hope this smilies, cam stuff etc, Never gets added in Mirc proper.
It takes some of the charm away..
Besides its really not part of irc, & should be possible to hook some 3rd party thing up, rather than start corrupting the medium & modifying it. - irc has its own flavour & is used for so many things.
(no offence to anyone..just my wish ;P)

Link Copied to Clipboard