Print Thread
#212660 29/05/09 09:05 PM
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
Hi Everyone,
From Past 1 Month this thing is in my notice i asked many irc experts but they couldn't solve it some said ignore your dcc some said upgrade to the latest version i tried all of these things but i didn't get rid of it.......The problem is that there is some code like I'm a QUEER?DCC SEND "gay???g?" 0 0 0 if you pm this code to someone the person get dc it doesn't works on everyone but still it works on most of the people out there can somebody tell me is there any solution to get rid of this.
Thanks.

Masterpiece #212661 29/05/09 10:37 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is a decent example why one should not set their DCC options to auto-accept from everyone.

Go to mIRC Options (Alt+o), then click DCC
For On Send Request, select Show Get Dialog or use the Trusted list.

Alternatively you could use a script to monitor for those words, however, you said that the wording is like what you posted, rather than stating that it is what you posted. The difference between what the actual message is, and what you posted, might make the difference between a script that works and one that doesn't.

Masterpiece #212668 30/05/09 04:56 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is caused by some routers that run vxworks. When those routers see a text string like "DCC (SEND|RESUME|CHAT)" followed by some other formats, it will assume you have fallen prey to an IRC botnet and disconnect you. The fault is therefore entirely the router's. Unfortunately there are enough morons out there abusing this.

There are really only 2 real solutions:
1. get another router or update your router's fimware
2. (if the network supports it) connect with SSL to the IRC server. This encrypts text between the server and mIRC and your router will be unable to read the contents of the packets coming from the IRC server

Link Copied to Clipboard