mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#211568 22/04/09 01:50 PM
R
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
R
i've paid my registration, i've got the code, when i start up mirc it tells me to register, so i do i put my name and reg. # and press register but a message comes up "your registration could not be validated at this time. this may be due to the mirc website being busy. please try again in a while." and i've been trying for two days now!!

can anybody help?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
your registration could not be validated at this time. this may be due to the mirc website being busy. please try again in a while. You have your answer there, just wait and see if it's solved, it may take up to 1 day or so, just keep on trying.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You might want to consider e-mailing khaled@mirc.com to make sure the registration checker isn't bugging out.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Originally Posted By: redbullalain
i've paid my registration, i've got the code, when i start up mirc it tells me to register, so i do i put my name and reg. # and press register but a message comes up "your registration could not be validated at this time. this may be due to the mirc website being busy. please try again in a while." and i've been trying for two days now!!

I've just installed mIRC on my Vista Ultimate x64 system and I'm getting the same error message.

I thought it might be a Vista problem or a firewall (Norton) problem but everything else in mIRC is working fine: identd, IRC, DCC.

Very frustrating.

=Z=
E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
Weird, never had this issue on Vista Ultimate 32/Win7 Ultimate 32 at all and I have 3 licenses.. They all work ^^

- Excalibur
- Good and Evil, there never is one without the other.
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Originally Posted By: Excalibur
Weird, never had this issue on Vista Ultimate 32

I'm no sure if it's a 32/64 bit problem or not.

I looked in the registry and compared it to my old XP machine. None of the necessary registry keys have been created: name, license, validation, etc.

The only key there is LastRun.

=Z=
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I've registered mIRC on both 32 and 64bit versions of Vista without problems. Make sure you've got the latest version from http://www.mirc.com and reinstall it. Again, the validation error could be a server issue or it could be a problem with your license. You should e-mail Khaled in this case.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Originally Posted By: argv0
I've registered mIRC on both 32 and 64bit versions of Vista without problems.

Did you run setup as Administrator or normally?

Make sure you've got the latest version from http://www.mirc.com and reinstall it.

Yup, I've got v6.35

Again, the validation error could be a server issue or it could be a problem with your license. You should e-mail Khaled in this case.

I did. I'm looking forward to his reply.

PS A thought occurs... how does mIRC make contact with the web site? Could my firewall be blocking it? What protocol/port does it use?

Last edited by Zyxak; 21/05/09 12:57 AM.

=Z=
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This message indicates that your copy of mIRC is being blocked by your anti-virus or firewall software. You will need to add mIRC to the allowed/exceptions list of your anti-virus or firewall software to allow it to connect.

Note that disabling your anti-virus or firewall software temporarily may not resolve the issue since they may continue to work in the background even when disabled.

You should also make sure that the XP/Vista firewalls are disabled if you are using another firewall as they may be blocking applications as well.

Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Well, my problem has been resolved and it wasn't down to Vista or firewall or anti-virus.

After I registered I requested a name change which I thought had been ignored. It hadn't. I just never received the email.

So, the mIRC on my XP machine is registered with the original name and code and, after retrieving my lost registration, I have now registered the mIRC on my Vista machine with the updated name and code.

Problem solved.

Thanx for the help Khaled.

Last edited by Zyxak; 22/05/09 02:15 AM.

=Z=

Link Copied to Clipboard