mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Okay,
First of all I would like to state the I am a complete noob with all of this. Anyways, recently I downloading and installed mIRC version 6.03. THe icon appears. When I click on the icon though to bring it up, nothing happens. There is a little hourglass by the cursor meaning that its trying to come up, but then after a few seconds, the hourglass goes away and nothing happpens. I did double click, I also uninstalled and the installed many times and I keep getting the same problem. I do not have any scripts. Please, some body help confused

R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Sounds like there might be a segfault on startup. This can be confirmed by looking at your application log ([Drive]:\[WINDOWS]\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt) via the Event Viewer in Administrative Tools.

Only thing I can suggest is looking at the running tasks (Ctrl-Alt-Del -> Processes) to see if a broken copy might still be running.

M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
I have no clue what that means. I am sorry, but I only have a limited knowledge with computers so can you please explain in my terms. Thanks

R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Sorry about that. smile With out more information I couldn't really speculate as to what's happening... If you're running Windows XP, one thing you might try is looking in the Process tab of the Task Manager (hold down Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time) to see if a broken copy of mIRC is currently running, and then ending the process if it is. A hard reboot (shutting down the computer) will do the same.

There are also other IRC clients you might have better luck with, like Klient and xChat.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
When you install, be sure you dont have other things running, (including antivirus programs) that could create probs during the install. I would try uninstalling mIRC thru windows, then get a new download from here and install it just in case the prob was a bad download.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard