Print Thread
#211786 30/04/09 08:49 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I was working on my channel central, and now i get allot of strange messages in my status window, someone that can tell me what cause this to happen, the errors i get is this:
Code:
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Debug mode detected...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Initializing OLE Support...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Initializing GDI+...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Loading SHELL32.DLL...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Found PickIconDlg Function)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Loading COMCTL32.DLL...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Found DrawShadowText)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Loading UXTHEME.DLL...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Found XP+ Theme Functions)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Loading DWMAPI.DLL...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Generating class for WebBrowser...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Generating class for RichEdit...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Loading control classes)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering ProgressBar...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering TreeView...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering ToolBar...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering StatusBar...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Listview...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering ComboEx...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering TrackBar...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering RichEdit...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering ReBar...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering ComboBox...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Tab...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering UpDown...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering IpAddress...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Divider...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Panel...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Box...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Button...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Calendar...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering DateTime...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Pager...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Shadow...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering Vista Dialog...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Registering XPopup...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Creating menu owner...)
D_DEBUG LoadDLL (Initialising UltraDock...)
D_DEBUG InitUltraDock (Finding mIRC_Toolbar...)
D_DEBUG InitUltraDock (Finding MDIClient...)
D_DEBUG InitUltraDock (Finding mIRC_SwitchBar...)
D_DEBUG InitUltraDock (Finding mIRC_TreeBar...)

The files i using is this:

mdx.dll
ctl_gen.mdx
dcx.dll
dialog.mdx
views.mdx

I have no idea what file cause this to happen, but i happens when i start mirc, connect to a server, and it's triggered when i do a / input of any sort, doesn't mather if i type /join #channel or /debug @debug, and i can't see anything in the debug window, not any different things then what was shown before, so someone that have an idea?

;------- Edit

It only happens the first time i use a command, and after that everything working as it should. So it's nothing "on input", if it was it should happen every time i using a command..

Last edited by sparta; 30/04/09 10:07 PM.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You realize those are not "errors", right? By the "DEBUG" in capital letters, its clear that those are debugging messages.

The debugging messages can be the product of any one of those dll files. Unload them one by one to find out which it is.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Sometimes people use /echo to utilize the $dll identifier. I'd unload each script one at a time and see when the messages stop. That will tell you what script is doing this. I'm pretty sure its the DCX dll you are getting messages from.

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
the strange part is that i haven't implanted any echo in the code for my channel central, still it send the echo to my status window, i will look at the dcx.dll part tho.. thnx smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
I have a sneaky suspicion that it's echoing from the on signal event. But it's definitely dcx.dll.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
It doesnt neccesarily need to be an echo. The default for any sort of notice is the status window.

Look for dcx xSignal or a callback alias. Maybe the person who made the script left in an echo on accident. I echo these things while creating a dcx dialog. Sometimes I forget to disable that when I send it out to beta testers and the freak wanting to know what all the text is for ...

Ask on the dcx forum, Im sure the designers can tell you right away. I looked for a debug feature but havent found one that you could turn on or off. Maybe they know of one.

good luck

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
DLL files can send commands to mIRC. This DLL is obviously doing that. It needs no auxiliary script files to /echo. As you can see, it's clearly giving you debugging information on how it's loading a bunch of UI elements (rebar, treebar, progress, richedit, etc) which makes it pretty clear that it's debugging information coming directly from the DCX dll. You must have flipped a switch somewhere to turn on debugging info, or you downloaded a version of DCX with debugging info on. The only way to stop it would be to flip that switch or use another version of the dll, depending on what the issue is... but it's really not a complicated one.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Yeah that reminded me. In the last year I think they had a test beta available for people to try out. I'd suggest you download the latest dcx.dll at http://dcx.scriptsdb.org/ and replace yours.

The dll fize size should be 217kb.

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Originally Posted By: DJ_Sol
Maybe the person who made the script left in an echo on accident.

I'm the one making the dialog with dcx, and no i haven't any echo in it, and if it's a signal, wouldn't that be triggered every time i type a / command ? not only the first time, but i started over from scratch now, so i hope i can make it so i won't see tha echo in status again smile

V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
Mine's 287kb lol
Might be because i have an unreleased version though

V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
The on signal event doesn't necessarily work with /commands

Here's an example of one i use what i call an 'inverted sbar'

Code:
ON *:SIGNAL:Xpopup-_sbarm:{
  var %thm $iif($readini($script,info,thm),$v1,thm.default), %s " $+ $script $+ ",%rl
  if $istok(3 5 6,$1,32) { writeini %s %thm $iif($1 = 3,font $$gettok($dcx(FontDialog),3-,32),$iif($1 = 5,bgcolour $$dcx(ColorDialog),txtcolour $$dcx(ColorDialog))) | inc %rl }
  elseif $1 >= 8 { 
    var %thm $readini($script,info,thm), %selthm = thm. $+ $xpop(_sbarm,1 1 $calc($1 - 7)).text
    if %thm != %selthm { writeini %s info thm %selthm | inc %rl } 
    else echo -a *** Already have that theme loaded. 
  }
  if (%rl) _sbar_alias -r
}

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
But i still don't understand how it trigger on the first / command, then i can do how many i want without anything triggered, doesn't mather if it's /join or /part, only the first / i did that triggered it.. and i don't know why.. smirk cos mirc don't behave different on the first /join #1 and then when i /join #2 . same signals is sent both from the server and from me..

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I had trouble understanding your question.

You can mark a dialog as a dcx dialog giving it a callback alias name, but with xpopup, xtoolbar, etc, DCX uses a signal like shown above. You don't create it or mark it. DCX sends all the info from those controls to a signal named.
<control name> - <your name>

Like in Vexed's example, he named his status bar _sbarm, so DCX sends all info to a signal named Xpopup-_sbarm. And you use a signal event to get all info from that statusbar.

ON *:SIGNAL:Xpopup-_sbarm:{ }

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
it's triggering on the first command because the first command LOADS the dll (it then stays active in memory), which is where those debugging messages come from. I'm not sure why you still don't understand this.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Since i don't call the dll until i open the channel central nothing should be loaded, if nothing is loaded until i open the channel central it shouldn't send me the echo, i would understand if i load the dll on start, but i have nothing like that in my "on start" section. /join #channel don't trigger the channel central, and nether does //ctcp $me ping, this is what i can't understand, but for now i don't have the error since i restarted to write the dialog from scratch. i will see if it happens again.. smile

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
If it happens it means you *are* calling the dll at some point before using the channel central. Realize that even a call like $dll(dcx.dll, ColorDialog), which I assume merely gets a setting value, will load the DLL into memory. You must be doing this somewhere or the dll won't load. mIRC is not magic.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Maybe one of the raw events you use in channel central is being triggered on join? Regardless, there is no reason why your dcx dll should display that. I've been using DCX for a fey years and have never had that dll init messages.

If you use /dll, try .dll to see if that halts the echo.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The . prefix won't do anything if the dll is using SendMessage to communicate with mIRC, which is probable given that this stuff is likely being run from the LoadDll() function (the only way to explain the first-run-only behaviour).

The OP already admitted the dll he has is a "pre-release" version. I'm sure it's built with some debug flag set. An easy way to solve this problem is to just stick to normal dll releases rather than take the long route of debugging the entire script.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Vexed said he had a pre-release version. Not Sparta.

Link Copied to Clipboard