mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
DJ_Sol Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
Hello, I used the new combo drop down menu in an Input box today and found an issue.

I want the combo drop down menu to list all the channels I am in. I have an custom identifier that returns all the channels Im in delimited by a comma.

i.e.: chan1,chan2,chan3

I thought this was perfect since the input combo menu apparently requires you seperate menu items with a comma. Unfortunately it treats this as one menu item, not 3 seperate items.

If I manually type in chan1,chan2,chan3 it works how it should. I cannot figure out a way to look through the channels IM on and place them individually into the input combo menu.

Here is an example of the issue I am having. I will set a local variable to the string chan1,chan2,chan3 and it will show them all as one item, not seperate items.

Code:
alias combo_test {
  var %combo_test = chan1,chan2,chan3,chan4
  noop $input(Text,mos,$window($active).hwnd,Title,Menu Title,Menu Title,%combo_test)
}

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a an issue with mIRC? Is there a way to get around this while still using input?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You need to change the order of evaluation with evaluation brackets.

Code:
noop $input(Text,mos,$window($active).hwnd,Title,Menu Title,Menu Title, [ %combo_test ] )

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
D
DJ_Sol Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
Thank You!

Link Copied to Clipboard