Print Thread
L
lfb Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
L
Hi all,

Many of us are long-time mIRC users, and occasionally we have to re-install mIRC on a fresh system. For me, it's always like this:

All goes well until mIRC pops up the Favorites, and of course, I'll type my channel there (to the "join" prompt), only to realize I want to remember this channel name. Well, it's not remembered automatically, and even pressing add instead of join doesn't complete the channel name and network to the query what comes from add. This is a some kind of frustration for people who have their favourite channel named longer than "ass", as they have to re-type channel name and even choose the network again.

This sure is a minor thing, but it's also very easy thing to fix and it eases the life of people who uses mIRC again and who installs the client on their new systems, or systems they are using in work or at friend's place.

I'm suggesting two features:

1st, any joined channel should be always included to favorites, also remembering the network used for the particular channel.

2nd, the "add" button should include data typed already to the "join" line, as this most likely is what user already wants to add after realizing his mistake with the UI.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Your 1st request would in fact make "favorites" a channel history. But mIRC already features a net-sensitive "recent channels" in the favorites menu. If mIRC would be changed in that way - I'd instantly request a favorites feature smile as I regard favorites as a choice: you pick some, out of the total. Imagine all the websites you visited would automatically go to your browsers favs...

Also note that if you make some channel the active window and select "add to favorites" in the favorites menu, the channels name and current network already are in the respective boxes.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
1. I agree with Horstl that making favourites add any channel automatically will defeat the point of "favourites".

2. What data should mIRC include? Besides the channel name, mIRC knows nothing about the channel you're adding; the only thing it could reliably guess at is the network-- but if I click "Add" it's not necessary that I'm adding the channel for the current network.

It seems like you're looking at the favorites feature with your specific needs in mind only; other people would not find these features helpful.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Z
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Z
3. There should be a delete all option, i got tired of deleting channels 1 by 1. unless im missing something?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The favourites dialog allows you to select multiple channels using the shift/control keys.

Link Copied to Clipboard