mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#210726 24/03/09 12:57 AM
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Background: For anyone who doesn't know, psybnc is a bouncer, which (among other features) allows a user to connect (and stay connected) to multiple IRC servers with a single process. You set up a primary server to which it will connect, and you give secondary servers a "prefix," like ab. So, when I'm connected to two servers, I see the channels from my primary server like normal, and the channels from my secondary server appear as #ab'#channel in the channel bar.

Problem: On secondary networks, for some reason the nicklist hierarchy is out of order. Users with a ~ or & status appear at the bottom of the nick list. If I connect to one of these servers directly, or even through psybnc as a primary network, the nick list is correct. It's only when these channels are on one of my secondary networks that the nick list is out of order.

I have done my best to eliminate psybnc as a problem. Another user connected to the bouncer, also using mIRC, doesn't have this problem. A couple of folks from psybnc's support forum can't duplicate it, either. I've got to assume it's some setting on my end, that I can't correct.

I'm currently using the latest mIRC, 6.35, but this has been going on for a little while, through at least one previous version. I'm not using any pre-made script, just a few remotes and aliases of my own. I don't know of anything in them that would cause this, but I'm open to the suggestion that I've missed something.

Any ideas?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
First step is to eliminate the possibility of your "problem" being due to your scripts. Typing /remote off then connecting like you normally would should handle that. Note: If one or more of your scripts handles something like identifying to psybnc and/or any of the networks, you'll have to handle that manually.

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I did /remote off, then reconnected, with no change. This behavior also occurs with a fresh install of mIRC (no scripts) connecting to the same bouncer.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
you should to talk with the people who made the BNC then I guess since the problem seems to be there perhaps.

or maybe the server does not have the ~& in the right order in the 005

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I have been using a bnc before (psybnc), if the bnc running the latest version it shouldn't be any problems.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard