mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
talent Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
Just wondering how I can give voice (+v) to any user who joins my channel. Sorry if this has been covered already, I just don't have the time to search through threads.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

/help /avoice

J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
on *:JOIN:#: voice # $nick

i think. lol.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
It's "mode # +v $nick" - and a good way to flood yourself off in case of many join events, e.g. after a netsplit laugh
mIRC's autovoice feature will reduce this risk (in address boock > tab "control" > "voice" > add the #channel and a wildmask like *!*@*, and check "random delay op/voice")

However, network services may do it for you if your network features "ChanServ":
Try "/msg chanserv help levels". If you get a reply, have a look at "/msg chanserv help levels desc". If you find "autovoice" in the list of levels, set it to "0", via "/msg chanserv levels #yourchannel set autovoice 0".

A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
Actually, I got it set up..
on *:JOIN:*: {
.mode $chan +v $nick
}
and if you want it to have a greet:
on *:JOIN:*: {
.msg $chan Hello, $nick [This does not have to be the exact words]
.mode $chan +v $nick
}
If it's a channel,
on *:JOIN:#MyChannel: {
.mode $chan +v $nick
}
And same as the Message one but with #MyChannel (Or whatever your channel name is.) in it.

I hope this helped. :]

New Server: irc.inferno.strangled.net
on *:start: { server -n irc.chattercity.net }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can use the mIRC default op/voice service . just have a look into the address book (ALT + B) -> control -> select from the menu the op or voice -> then click "Add" -> add your nickname and the network that you want to op/voice and if you have any channel's added, DO NOT FORGET TO TICK THE "Enable" TICK

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Like described in my previous post, you don't have to add your nick but the channel(s) where users shall be voiced - and in the "address" field a mask that matches everyone (because everyone shall be voiced): *!*@* .

Alternatively:
/avoice on
/avoice *!*@* #mychannel MyNetwork

Link Copied to Clipboard