Print Thread
#20990 26/04/03 05:24 PM
N
NiCk2 Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
Hi, I'm redoing the mIRC Channel Dialog taking out what I think is unecessary and adding what is (not using dlls). I am encountering various problems with the topic and more...
Topic problems :
For the topic there doesn't seem to be an identifier which returns the name of the person having put the topic. There's only $chan(#ChanName).topic which returns the topic. Same for the time at which it was put. Also I can't quite figure out what is .wid and .hwnd ! And mIRC remembers the past topics of a channel.
The basic Channel Dialog keeps track of these things, how come we can't access them ? It seems as if I am going to have to make my own record for each server & channels associated.
Last but not least concerning the topic part in the Channel Dialog of mIRC, one can put nothing as a topic. But manually it doesn't seem to be possible, /topic #Chan won't work. Is it possible in an other way ?
List bans problem :
In the mIRC Channel Dialog, bans are shown with the time and the op who has put it. They all show up on the same line in the list. How can I get my own channel dialog to do the same thing, that is to say to have them lined up nicely ? (don't get me wrong, I know how to retrieve the info, I'm just having problems lining it up nicely like in mIRC).

Well, that's enough for now, lol. Thank you in advance for any help, advice or solution you may give me smile

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Code:
ON *:TOPIC:*:{
   set %topic. $+ $chan $+ .setby $nick
   set %topic. $+ $chan $+ .setat $ctime
}

raw 333:*:{
   set %topic. $+ $2 $+ .setby $3
   set %topic. $+ $2 $+ .setat $4
}

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As codemaster pinted out, thats to get topic "whos" but as for lining up the bans--good luck. I personally use mdx dll and have headers at the top. Workd fine, and looks very well made if I do say so myself. You may want to give in tot he "no dll rule". confused just a thought. grin

-KingTomato
N
NiCk2 Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
Well, it's not realy a rule, having rules just for the sake of having them isn't my thing. I just find them a bit to complicated to use. Also, a lot of scripts using dlls include features which are unecessary such as an internet explorer or agendas etc. I have a script to finish and it would be a waste of time trying to learn how to use dlls for just one thing, I don't think dlls can retrieve the past topics of a channel just like that shocked
However, if you can teach me how to use dlls easily, I would be greatful grin

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In the mIRC Channel Dialog, bans are shown with the time and the op who has put it. They all show up on the same line in the list. How can I get my own channel dialog to do the same thing, that is to say to have them lined up nicely ?

I've done the same thing and made my own channel central and I have been playing with margins and tabs for Christ knows how long (a few years now) and still haven't managed to work it out. If you do get an answer, any chance you could post it here?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
"Last but not least concerning the topic part in the Channel Dialog of mIRC, one can put nothing as a topic. But manually it doesn't seem to be possible, /topic #Chan won't work. Is it possible in an other way ?"
Code:
/.raw topic # :

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i actually have a null topic detector which is as follows:
on ^*:TOPIC:#:{
if (!$1) {
msg # $nick nulled the topic
}
}

new username: tidy_trax
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
1. Nobody asked for that.
2. That code will fail if someone changed the topic to "0" or "$false"

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
no it wouldnt

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Actually it would fail, but since all you seem to do is rip other peoples scripts and spam to get your post count up, it really isn't suprising that you didn't know that.

[20:32:13] * Winston changes topic to '0'
[20:32:14] <Collective> Winston nulled the topic
[20:32:18] * Winston changes topic to '$false'
[20:32:18] <Collective> Winston nulled the topic

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
since when did i rip anything?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
as i said in there i pasted the wrong 1 out of my connection as i use exonytes but i echo thanks for that in my version reply but i also use my own to make the ones exonyte missed out

Link Copied to Clipboard