mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#2097 17/12/02 12:24 AM
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
1: the ability to have mIRC open several servers automatically. having to manually open the second server every single time i decide to hit IRC got old real fast.

2: the ability to save which server the channels in the channels folder are in. and have it automatically connect to the appropriate channel, if you're not already connected.

3: having the maximization effect specific windows, instead of all of them or none of them.

there were some others, which i can't presently remember, but those are the big ones...

#2098 17/12/02 04:16 PM
G
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
G
The maximize windows suggestion is impossible.. As MDI (multiple document interface) in the Windows API does not allow only certain windows to be maximized.. It's all or nothing .... frown

-GRiM of L33T-IRC
irc.l33t-irc.com
#2099 17/12/02 05:38 PM
M
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
M
The automatically connecting to multiple servers is easy. Just put this in you remotes and add the servers you want to connect to. And add as many as you want.

on 1:START:{
/server -m irc.criten.net:6667
/server -m irc.sandnet.net:6660
}

#2100 17/12/02 05:54 PM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
From the Helpfile:
The -m switch creates a new server window for that connection and connects to the server. The -n switch does the same thing but does not connect to the server.

So the code of the above example should look like this (note the missing -m in the first server line):
Code:

on 1:START:{ 
  server irc.criten.net:6667
  server -m irc.sandnet.net:6660
} 

DALnet: #HelpDesk, #mIRC, #MISHScript - Undernet: #mIRC, #mIRC-Scripts
#2101 17/12/02 11:22 PM
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
cool, i'll have to try that -m command.

also, in regards to the maximization thing being impossible - other programs that have multiple sub-windows in a visually similar manner (Opera to give a good example) can do it just fine.

#2102 18/12/02 06:10 PM
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Not true, GRIM... it is very possible to allow certain windows to be maximized and others not.

HOWEVER, this requires doing something that will cause odd behaviour effects... and it is not recommended.

#2103 18/12/02 06:13 PM
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Neko: Opera 6 or 7? 7, if you have noticed, has its own menubar... I beleive it is almost impossible to do as opera does, AND uses the standard windows menubar w/o odd behaviour.

#2104 19/12/02 03:03 AM
T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
«3: having the maximization effect specific windows, instead of all of them or none of them.»

This is not *quickly* and *easily* doable.

mIRC is implemented as a MDI (Multiple Document Interface... or something like that). The window around, with the menu bar, the tool bar and the switch bar, is the parent window. The others are child windows. Each child has some properties, some are common to all child windows, others are specific to one of them. The property that specifies if windows are maximized or of normal size is common to all of them. That is, if one window is maximized, they are all maximized. If one is of normal size... got it?

There might be possibilities of simulating windows through other means/methods, but that would be re-coding Windows. A goal of Windows is for it to provide a lot of tool programs can use, so they don't need to do them again and can concentrate on doing something usefull. Programers follow the rule "Don't re-invente the wheel", therefore no programer (except a very crazy one) would rewrite everything (build a new window-like system) for so little change (allow maximized and normal-size windows within a MDI application).

One solution I see, if someone here is a crazy programer, is to use panels place on the parent window, catch click so that I can get one panel over another, get resized, etc, and place other components on it and draw a title bar... Please contact me if you implement my idea, I wan't to see it :P

#2105 19/12/02 07:39 AM
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Actually, no... you are incorrect. Different child windows can be different states without having to "emulate" the windows. The only problem with doing this is that it causes odd behaviour issues with the child windows and the MDI itself.. because windows expects the windows a certain way.

#2106 20/12/02 12:09 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
> 3: having the maximization effect specific windows, instead of all of them or none of them.

This would be possible if windows could be resized through scripts....

Right now the /window command if given a size larger then the display area (the area in which a MDI child window can be displayed in) will make the window size equal to the display area. If a new /resize command would behave the same way but work on all windows...

Maybe instead of new commands, an expansion of the /mdi command...

/mdi -r WindowName (for Resize)
/mdi -m WindowName (for Move)

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
#2107 20/12/02 12:32 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
> 1: the ability to have mIRC open several servers automatically. having to manually open the second server every single time i decide to hit IRC got old real fast.

Use /setcons in the start event and /savecons in the quit event.

alias setcons {
var %Index 1 | var %Token
set %Token $gettok(%ServersRestore, %Index, 44)
while (%Token != $null) {
server $iif(%Index > 1, -m) %Token
inc %Index | set %Token $gettok(%ServersRestore, %Index, 44)
}
}
alias savecons {
var %Index 1
unset %ServersRestore
while ($scon(%Index) != $null) { set %ServersRestore $addtok(%ServersRestore, $scon(%Index).$server $scon(%Index).$port, 44) | inc %Index }
}

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
#2108 20/12/02 12:37 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
> 2: the ability to save which server the channels in the channels folder are in. and have it automatically connect to the appropriate channel, if you're not already connected.

Are you kidding on this one? When editing a channel... You can set which networks each channel is for and then click on the "Join channel on connect". wink

I use my own scripts too the read mirc.ini to make sure I always stay in those channels on the proper networks too... smile

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
#2109 26/12/02 10:26 AM
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
the drop-down "networks" box only gives me on option: "all networks"

don't see hide nor hair of anything else similar either.

#2110 26/12/02 11:52 AM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
The channels folder, Alt+J
- choose a channel and click "Edit"
or
- click "Add" and add the channel (name, password, description)
then
- click "Add" under 'Networks' (while still in channels folder) and select a network
- Check "Join channel on connect"

- Click OK smile

#2111 26/12/02 06:32 PM
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
ah... i had figured that was for adding networks to the main listing itself. and had wondered why none of the ones in the main listing showed up there. thnx.

Link Copied to Clipboard