mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
limp Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
Is there a way to detect text that comes up in the status window? For example when you try to join and you're not connected and mIRC says..* /join: not connected to server
what is that text called because I'm trying to make a script that reacts to the text that comes up in the status screen but I can't find an identifier for that text for example...

I know this doesn't work but....

on *:text:**:*: {
if (not connected iswm $1-) && ($active == Status Window) <command>
}

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
u might try on error ... but i dont think that is able to do that ..... i asked something similar to this about that cause i was wanting a way to reformat the errors from scripts as well ..... i wanted the ability to timestamp them as i wanted be able to know when they happened because sometimes im not always at my pc when the script error was occuring ... it made it very difficult to diagnose an error

D3m0nnet.com
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You could do it, but not like that

alias join {
if (!$server) {
.echo -s Hey, you're not connected to a server!
}
else {
.join $1-
}
}

Basically you have to override the join command and then redefine the messages one by one.

G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
perhaps this will partially do want you need.

Code:
filter -xnswwc @debug -
filter -rww $filtered $+ - $+ $filtered @debug @debug2 *

the first filters everything from the status window into @debug with a linenumber in front of it (except lineseperators).
Then it filters everything in the range of "number of filtered lines" to "number of filtered lines" from the @debug window to (yet again) the @debug window. This gives you the last line of the status window into @debug with a linenumber in front of it to identify it. This gives you at least the ability to see if a NEW message was given in the status window (including error messages or echo's from script or whatever). It's only a small part but i think it's also the only way to catch any errors. Perhaps it can be done a lot easier since i'm not very familiar with /filter

Link Copied to Clipboard