Print Thread
#208720 27/01/09 03:43 PM
E
espy Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
Is there anyway that I can have mIRC automatically identify myself with a server so I don't have to type "/msg nickserv identify password" every time I connect?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Something like...
Code:
on *:NOTICE:*This nickname is registered and protected*:?:{
  if ($nick == NickServ) && ($network === xxxx) { .msg NickServ identify <password> }
}

Where xxxx is what you get if you do //echo -a $network in your server window.
This goes into Remote (Alt+R).

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Because there are so many different servers and versions of IRC, not to mention edited IRC's, your server may send different messages.

For instance, on one server I wait for a raw 512, on another server I use notice and wait for if ($6 == protected.).

But typically they all let you know with the logon event.

on ^*:logon:*:{ }

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The on LOGON event triggers when mIRC sends its first commands (NICK, USER, and PASS) to the IRC server. It has nothing to do with logging on to network services.

E
espy Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
Thanks for the help guys, ^^. Managed to get it working when I logged on.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Funny, it works for me! smile

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
No, it doesn't. If you actually read the help it tells you exactly what it does:
Originally Posted By: mirc.hlp
The on LOGON event triggers before and after mIRC sends the standard PASS, NICK, and USER messages to the server.

There's no magical services support here, and servers don't tap into this event specifically for services authentication. If it "works" for you it's because you're sending a command on connect, which is how you automatically identify anyway.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Two of the servers I connect to, I identify with the logon event.

Whats the problem?

Reading the description, WHICH I ACTUALLY READ, it says it triggers BEFORE and after.

Some servers I use a notice event, some I use a raw and some I use the LOGON event. tired

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You said that the server "let you know" when to login to network services via the on LOGON event

You were wrong. The on LOGON event has nothing to do with network services.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
On the servers that didnt send me something to tell me it was ready to auth I used the logon event. In that sense, the server is telling me its ready to auth. Yes, I'm more assuming it;s ready ... It works, whats wrong with that?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
What's wrong is that you said that the purpose of on LOGON was to trigger when people could logon to network services. That is misinformation.

The fact it happens to work for you is coincidence, on many networks you will simply receive an error message if you try to do anything except NICK USER PASS before raw 001 is sent.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I said it was the purpose of the logon event?

I believe my point was that depending on the server there are different events to look for to know when to identify yourself. I said some I use a raw, some I use the notice and some I use the logon event.

I dont understand why you are arguing with me. I didnt say that that is its purpose, I just gave them some information to work with. It works for me on some servers so its worth a shot if they dont see a raw or a notice or something else telling them to auth.

I believe the term here would be "Look outside the box".

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Apparently you have serious issues over accepting that you might be wrong, both on this thread and on your $cid monstrosity.

-snip-

Last edited by Collective; 03/02/09 09:14 PM.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
shut the fuck up? It works, maybe you need to get over it?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I freely admit that I have trouble "getting over" rambling idiots like yourself. That doesn't excuse your idiocy.

...and on LOGON doesn't work for services logins in most cases. on CONNECT is the better alternative.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Code:
on ^*:logon:*:{
  if ($server != 24.215.5.3) { return }
.raw loginh email $md5(password) | .raw authtype $+(ircwx1,$crlf,user) $me $me $me $+(:,$v_) | halt
}

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
If the only example you could find was Buzzen (which runs a heavily modified version of the IRC protocol) then I was right when I said that on LOGON is unsuitable for most networks. You, however, said "but typically they all let you know with the logon event."

Link Copied to Clipboard