mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
MeiR_ct Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
I'm wondering how this option hasn't been created yet (currently, mIRC returns an error of "invalid parameters").

It would be useful if it was possible to send: '/timer 1 1h /command', instead of starting to calculate and instert: '/timer 1 3600 /command'.
Also, it would be nice if it was possible to use several time expressions like '/timer 1 1h15m /command' to activate in one hour and 15 mins, ans so on.

/me looks forward to see it at next version wink

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
In the meantime you can you use $duration(), like this:

timer 1 $duration(1h 15m) command

to avoid the calculation.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
M
MeiR_ct Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yeah, but agree with me it's little clumsy.
You can even edit the timer alias and mess with the '$2', but yet, I think it's a needed feature on mIRC timers. smile

J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
Originally Posted By: MeiR_ct
Yeah, but agree with me it's little clumsy.
You can even edit the timer alias and mess with the '$2', but yet, I think it's a needed feature on mIRC timers. smile

why is it needed? i'd understand if the return value of some time related identifier was mainly of the format you described, since in that case it would go hand in hand with the proposed feature, but such an identifier doesn't exist

don't forget that /set -u, /ignore -u etc. all also take a duration of time as an integer representing seconds, it's simply the most suitable format to use :P

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
"Needed" would imply that script development is somehow hung up on this feature as a requirement and cannot progress without it.

In reality, it's not "needed" at all and is in fact a convenience at best. You save about 11 characters over the syntax qwerty suggested-- that doesn't really justify 'necessity' for me, anyway.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
M
MeiR_ct Offline OP
OP Offline
M
ok ok. I surrender ;\

I assume I've got used to IRCD commands like '/gline nick 1d' and became too lazy to type identifiers syntax.
Anyway I regret my using the word "needed", u can replace it with "useful" or "comfortable".
Not critical- that's for sure.

Last edited by MeiR_ct; 27/01/09 01:21 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard