mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#208430 20/01/09 06:37 PM
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
All the sudden starting last week my mirc started to disappear. What i mean by disappear is that it would just exit by itself with no error message. The only scripts I have loaded are scripts that i had for awhile now and are what i wrote. I try a new fresh install of mirc 6.35 and it happened there also. I even try a format to see if somehow i had a virus on my vps, that didnt work either. Even after format the problem still exists. The OS Im using is windows 2003 64bit. So my question is how would i fix this annoying problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by spacey_14; 20/01/09 07:10 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Are you sure mIRC didn't just disappear into your tray?

There have been no reports of a clean copy of mIRC ever quitting randomly without any error messages, so there's little to be suggested- you're treading in unchartered waters, and unfortunately we have little information regarding your system. Programs don't just close unless there was a problem with the machine. You will probably have to do a little more investigation and find a way to reproduce this issue reliably.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Yes i'm 100% positive that its not running in my tray. Its not even showing up as a process in the task manager. I been using mirc for over 5 years now and never have seen this problem before. I don't even have to be connected to a server for it to close by itself. It just randomly does it when it wants to. Also I have a webpage open, ftprush open, notepad and none of these programs seems to shut down. Is there any type of error log for windows or mirc that would explain more on this type of error i'm having.

Last edited by spacey_14; 20/01/09 08:59 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
In an mIRC window, type

//echo -a $script(0) $dll(0) $os $version $md5($mircexe,2)

And report the results here.

Also, are you using an ftprush script/dll by any chance?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
12 0 2003 6.32 6d9e02170c0ec2d654e56dd89302579e

yes i am.

But you got to remeber this still happends on a brand new mirc install with no ftprush dll installed, or anything. I did that cmd you told me to on my 6.32 that used to work.

Last edited by spacey_14; 20/01/09 09:25 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Your copy of mIRC 6.32 does not match the correct md5 response, which tells me that you cracked it. This is in violation of the EULA (not to mention ethics/morals/perhaps even the law) and we cannot offer you anymore support.

Please download and install mIRC from http://www.mirc.com

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard