Print Thread
#20817 25/04/03 10:29 AM
E
egodeus Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
E
I have a thai keyboard, running Windows XP english version with extra input installed. I have no problem using thai input on webpages and other applications, but when i try using mirc i run into problems. I can see thai text typed in channels and stuff and i can write in thai as far as the editbox goes. But as soon as i send my typed text, all that appear is ?????????. I have tried all combinations of the Multibyte options too without any luck.

Is there any way to fix this problem? Thai fonts, thai input, reading others thai text and typing in thai text works, except when sending it. Feels like i am very close to a solution.

#20818 25/04/03 04:28 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try changing the font in the channel? /help /font

-KingTomato
#20819 25/04/03 08:17 PM
E
egodeus Offline OP
OP Offline
E
As i said in my post, that already works. I have thai fonts, i can type in thai in other applications, i can type thai in the editbox window in mirc as well, but as soon as i send it, it appears as question marks.

So what probably happens is that the text isn't sent to the server correctly.

#20820 27/04/03 12:36 AM
A
A
The problem is that mIRC isn't very multilanguage friendly at the moment, it seems that it doesn't support unicodes, so you will have todo an alternative meathod instead:

Open the font settings of a given channel, find some font which is well known, under the "Script" drop down list, select Thai, and that shall solve your problems.

Note: Not all fonts support many languages in "script".

#20821 27/04/03 02:04 PM
E
egodeus Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I already have that. using Tahoma and have tried several UPC-fonts as well. All of them display the same result: ?????

I can see thai text by others and i can type in thai in all editboxes (messageboxes). I see the thai text that i type in, so it all works to that point. it's when it appears after i have pressed enter it all just turns into ??????

It's like mirc is sending the text in the wrong format to the server or something.

#20822 08/05/03 10:55 AM
E
egodeus Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I have, as of yet, to find a solution to this problem? Is there some kind of flaw in mIRC that prevents me from getting mIRC to send my thai input correctly to the server?

#20823 16/07/03 08:55 AM
E
egodeus Offline OP
OP Offline
E
BUMP

Is there really noone that knows why this could be a problem?

Using thai in MSN works just fine, but not mIRC, why is that?

#20824 16/07/03 09:00 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's not a flaw, just a simple case of non-existance. As Ash Fox said, mIRC doesn't support Unicode at the moment. Khaled has it on the drawing board but there's no set date for implementation because there is no advance notice of features. You'll just have to persevere for the time being.

#20825 22/09/06 10:47 PM
K
K
Hi,
Was this problem ever solved? I was using MIRC 6.12 on Win ME (English edition), and was able to type and view Thai correctly in MIRC.
On upgrading to Win XP a few days ago, I can't get Thai script to display properly. It appears in the text boxes OK, but on sending the message it just appears as ????? (question marks).
Thanks in advance for any advice/help on how to get Thai script to work properly in MIRC/Win XP.

#20826 23/09/06 06:19 AM
K
K
Well, for anyone else that's interested, I found the guide for adding Thai language support at http://www.thailand-uk.com/fonts.html seems to have worked, and the problem is now solved.

Link Copied to Clipboard