Print Thread
#207554 22/12/08 07:43 AM
T
Talon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
ok i have several checks i do using the IAL on join, any event you use to do an autojoin scripted be it raw, on connect, on login, etc.. all those get executed before mirc passes the PROTOCTL for like namesx and uhnames, upon joining these channels you are returned the old style /names listing with no nick!user@host information making my ial checks fail. dependong on latency issues, a simple timer doesn't always fix this problem so, using debug to an identifier i have corrected my autojoin issue but it would be nice if i didn't haveto use this method to find out what protocols mirc is using in conjunction with the server it is connected to.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for. Is your customized IRC server sending some non standard PROTOCTL response to your client? Have you tried catching it with RAW *:PROTOCTL:?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
Talon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
when mirc issues the PROTOCTL command, there is no raw response whatsoever, thus nothing to see event wise. thus the need for the debug to see when mirc sends these protoctl commands.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The real solution is for mIRC to issue the ON CONNECT event after sending out PROTOCTL, which eliminates the need for any extra event handling.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Is there any reason why you can't use the END OF NAMES event? I don't even know of this PROTOCTL event.

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!

Link Copied to Clipboard