mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
Due to a recent spate of flood attacks where a large number of bots with different nick names send single messages, which overwhelms mIRC to the point of being completely unusable, I have decided to change the options to use a single message window. This works well to guard against the attack, however it makes messaging a chore. If the user who is messaging me is also on a channel I can easily double-click their nick name in the channel list to open a query window specific for that user. However, if that is not the case I have not found a simple way to open this query window and it is fairly cumbersome to carry out private conversations within the Messages window.

My request is to provide a simple method to open a new query window for a user within the single Messages window.

Last edited by Halo_Four; 10/12/08 08:47 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Right click the username and click "Query"

Alternatively you can change Alt+O -> Mouse -> Message to perform the /query command instead of whois to start a query by double clicking (rather than using the above popup).

You can also just type /query NICKNAME

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
H
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
"Query" is not an option in the context menu when right-clicking on a nick name in the Messages window. It would be nice if it was.

Changing the mouse options to perform the /query command when double clicking on the nick name within the Messages window works great.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I'm not sure what name is assigned to the right click in the Messages window, but if someone else knows what it is, then you could add Query to the options.

In the mean time, this should also work, it simply will be available from all right click menus.

Code:
menu * {
  Query : .query $$1
}

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
It's menu query, where $$1 is the r-clicked nick or the nick of the last message (if r-clicked elsewhere).

Besides the mentioned option to change 'command to perform on nick-doubleclick:' for 'message:' at 'tools'-'options'-'mouse' to 'query $$1' the OP therefore could try adding this to remotes:
Code:
menu query {
  $iif($query($$1),close,open) query with $1 : $iif($query($1),close -m,query) $1
}

smile

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Of course you could always just add the Query popup to your popups (Alt+P -> Query) directly.

Query:/query $$1

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard