mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Desche Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't sure if this should go here or in Scripts.

Due to the mIRC auto-join function joining each channel you designate as soon as you join any server, I am trying to go into the code to designate certain channels per server. As of now, I have this, which I was told I should put under the Remote Scripts:
Php Code:
on *:START: {
  server <server> -jn #channel, #channel, #channel
  server -m <server2> -jn #channel
  server -m <server3> -jn #chan1,#chan2,#chan3
} 

However, I'm not sure how to set my nickname/identify my nickname per server -- I was hoping someone could help me out? Thanks, and sorry for being a newb.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You can specify your main and alternate nicks, as well as the e-mail address that you want recognized (primarily for ident) on a per network basis, using the /server command, as you are already doing for connecting and joining specific channels.

See /help /server for details and the correct switches and format.

But a quick example
Code:
/server <server> -i nick alt.nick e-mail name -jn #channel,#channel2,#channel3

Note that the -i switch allows for any or all of the items that are set using it. Not all items have to be specified.

BTW: You're right, this properly should've went in the Scripts & Pop-ups section, as it's a script that's being used, rather than mIRC's Perform section.

Last edited by RusselB; 05/12/08 03:10 AM.
D
Desche Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ok, ok. I'll remember that for next time, sorry. Thanks for helping, man

Link Copied to Clipboard