Print Thread
#206834 26/11/08 09:17 AM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Is there a limit on the titlebar text? i using the titlebar to show some info, and as an example idle time, when i have been idle for 10 h or more the last part of the text disappear, but if i look at the titlebar it have allot of space left that aren't filled with the text, i can't send a screen on it cos i was typing and that reset my idle time. I can send a screen on it later on..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Better to just show the script that changes your titlebar text.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Probably due to the limit changes in v6.32, I'm able to add up to 1024 chars to mIRCs main titlebar in v6.35: $len($titlebar) == 1024, one of the "new" uniform length limits afaik.
That is: after 1024 chars everything is chopped off in $titlebar. Note that I'm able to "see" only the first 150 chars or so in the titlebar itself, followed by "..." - as my titlebar text will have reached the end of the bar.
I don't know if there are other factors affecting that limit though. smile

V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
That's why i decided to have an sbar (at the top) made from DCX grin
To show the relevant information that can't fit in the titlebar, with a 'page' hop button obviously so i can change the information.

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I tested to do a menu bar like that true a dialog and UltraDock.dll, but when i try close the bar (made it possible so you can close it) or if you moved your mouse over the dialog and clicked i had to restart mirc, i guess it was the dll that caused mirc to not answer. the code aren't much to look at, i call aliases:

titlebar $chr(176) $chr(176) $tbar.idle $tbar.nick $tbar.away $tbar.nwork $tbar.chan $tbar.qry $tbar.time

the most tbar's speek for them self, $tbar.chan return open channels and $tbar.qry return open querys. And i post screen dump on how it look like when my idle time is up in 1h something. =)

;----------

Here you seen the screens, and as you see it's very much of space left in the titlebar

And here as you see the last part of the text is missing.

but still very much of space left in the titlebar, can it have to do with my resolution ? 1280x768..

Last edited by sparta; 26/11/08 06:11 PM.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard