mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
Noticed after upgrading from 6.20 to 6.35.

While re-loading log files, mIRC seems to split some lines in half. A line which reads as follows in the actual log file...

<person> This is a compelling statement.

...might look like this in mIRC's channel window after the log is re-loaded:

<per
son> This is a compelling statement.

Or like this:

<person> This is a compelling stateme
nt.

The split lines always seem to occur a certain number of bytes from the end of the log file being re-loaded. So the position of the split line changes each time you re-open a channel window due to the new lines that were appended during the previous chat session.

To re-produce the bug, install a fresh copy of 6.35. Get this demo log file, and put it in your new installation's log directory. (Note the log's file name, "#abc123abc123.RenameToNetwork.log". Change "RenameToNetwork" to the name of the IRC network you intend to connect to when testing for this bug - e.g. "UnderNet".) Start the new installation's mirc.exe. In ALT-O, set reload logs to "both", and change the window buffer length to "1000". Connect to the intended IRC network, and join channel #abc123abc123. The demo log file should automatically load itself into the window. Ctrl-F to find "lets talk about love". Voila.

(Note: The demo log is of a high-traffic warez channel. Apologies for the tastelessness of that, but I was in a hurry to create a long demo log file quickly. :))

BTW. Also after upgrading to 6.35, I noticed that something looked "odd" about the text in my channel/query windows. Then it hit me. Wrapped lines used to have two spaces of indentation. Now they don't. Accidental or intended cosmetic change?

P
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
Anyone else able to confirm the line-splitting bug?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Text still does have indentation. It might not for reloaded logs. I can also reproduce the splitting issue.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard