mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Is there a remote (or something else) that would enable me to strip colors in a single channel, or from a single user? In one channel, a bot spams in white text, which I can't see with my white background. I don't mind colors elsewhere, so I'd rather not strip them globally.

Possible?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
A script is possible, but may cause conflicts with other scripts e.g. "themes".

If it's only one user/bot here and there, I suggest using the ignorelist instead: the item "[control] codes" allows you to "strip" (ignore) all control codes (colors, underline etc) of a specific usermask - try: /ignore -k NickOfTheBot
Alternatively, you can access the ignorelist in mIRCs address book (Alt-B), at "control" select "ignore", click "add", put a usermask like Botsnick!*@* and in the "ignore options", check the "control" box.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Sounds to me like a theme.

A theme uses a text event and echo;s the text on your screen how you want it and halts mIRC from showing its normal message and duplicating it.

So they use ...

on ^*:text:*:#:{
echo -t $chan $nick : $1-
haltdef
}

So make the # the channel name and it will only perform in that channel. And yes, it could conflict with another theme you may have. You could make sure the script file is first in the list to help that.

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Horstl: I never considered the ignore list, and your suggestion worked famously. Thanks!

DJ_Sol: For whatever reason, the echo still contained the codes/colors when I used your script. Weird.

Thank you both for your help!

Z
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Z
lol did you add $strip to it?

Link Copied to Clipboard