mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
Greetings.

After mailing this to Khaled Mardam-Bey, he suggested me to bring the following isuse up here.

On Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition X64, it seems impossible to me to save the chat buffer to the Desktop.

Sometimes I want to save a copy of a conversation directly to the desktop for reference in following discussions.

However, wether I try to save the buffer to "Desktop", the file is NOT being saved and the save dialog jumps back to "Computer".

I didn't find a workarround for this yet.

With kind regards
Chris

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for posting the issue - since I don't have Vista x64 I am unable to test it out - hopefully someone else here will be able to confirm it. I am able to save a window buffer to the desktop on XP without a problem here.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't use Vista, but could this be due to a permissions issue?

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
After some testing arround I figured it has to do with the # prefix of the automatically generated filename.
When saving to desktop the file must not start with a #
I have no idea why though, it works fine in the mirc log folder.

Last edited by evilking; 16/10/08 09:31 PM.
E
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
E
It works fine if you already have a # prefixed file and you choose to save over it. I tried to recreate the issue with other programs that appear to use the same dialog (Windows XP style versus Vista style) but it didn't seem to affect any of them. I had a friend using Vista x86 try it and it jumped to his home folder (C:\Users\username) instead of My Computer.

Link Copied to Clipboard