mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
PRisoNR Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
I've noticed with the new version of mIRC, when a file download completes mIRC will literally hang (even with a NOT RESPONDING error in the title bar) while it writes the entire file. Old versions would write the file gradually as it completed, resulting in only a very brief lag while it completed and closed the file. For a large file this lag time can be very long (minutes), long enough for any other downloads to time out and disconnect. I can't find any setting for this. Anyone ?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
That happens here too, but is caused by my anti-virus (Avast) scanning files on close. This is most likely the problem you're having, too.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Do you have Flush Files selected?

options (alt+o) > dcc > options > flush files

P
PRisoNR Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I did not have flush files selected, I'll see if that helps first.

I also use Avast for my anti-virus, but I'm pretty sure it's mIRC causing the issue, because although the file download is obviously complete, the mIRC download screen indicates no more data is being sent, but won't change status to "download complete" until after the delay

If the flush files setting doesn't help, I'll try investigating the possibility of Avast causing the issue. I'll report back here what I find.

P
PRisoNR Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Well, the flush files option did not help ... i'll try to disable Avast. Otherwise, i'll try a fresh install of mIRC. I think my son installed then removed some scripts, maybe they're causing the problem.

UPDATE: Thanks Collective, you were right, I disabled my Avast just before the download completed and no lag appeared, completed instantly.

Last edited by PRisoNR; 07/10/08 07:49 PM.
P
PRisoNR Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
UPDATE: I've found that manually disabling just the mIRC option in the Instant Messaging Provider feature of Avast will solve this problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard