Print Thread
D
DNL Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Hello,

I'm currently working on a script that triggers whenever a specified nick writes a message containing the word 'update' followed by a link.
Now, I have no issues with the trigger what so ever, but, I can't figure out how to make mIRC open the link automatically.

Is there any available commands in mIRC to open a link without having to double-click it manually?

Best regards,
DNL

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I think /run <link> is what you're looking for.
That should open the link in whatever web browser that you're using.

D
DNL Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Thank you so much, this has saved me from a serious headache.

Best regards,
DNL

T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
From mircs help file:
Quote:
/url [on | off | show | hide | -dranils] [[N | mark ] | address]

Show or hides the URL list window, and allows you to modify the current list of addresses in it.

The -r switch deletes the Nth item, or all items that match the mark you specify.

The -an switches allow you to open a browser window to an address, where -a = activate browser, and -n = use a new browser window.

The -ils switches allow you to insert an item, load, and save the list, respectively

So,
Code:
/url -n http://www.yahoo.com
would open the default browser in a new window to yahoo.com . Using just "/url http://www.yahoo.com" will use the open browser window and open a new tab in it to yahoo.com .

I don't know the advantages of using /url over /run other than being able to decide where to open it, in a new or the active browser window.

Good luck.

I've gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please keep me here.
D
DNL Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
DNL

Link Copied to Clipboard