mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#203828 28/08/08 03:36 PM
L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Well, I don't really use it for sharing illegal files. At most, pictures, voice clips, or the like. However, I have noticed that a lot of the time, the file I recieve doesn't work. They get error messages. This is regardless of format, or whether or not they were paused and resumed. Roughly half the files I recieve do this.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If you are receiving the files, then the problem is probably on the sender's end.
Regretfully, without a more detailed error message the number of possibilities is almost endless.
If you could copy & paste the full error message that is received when a DCC fails, it might help us narrow down the field of options.

L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
I recieve no error message in IRC. I get the errors when I try to view the file. Pictures don't open, audio files won't play. They work fine for the sender. The send is put down as completed, and it takes the correct amount of time.

Last edited by LostNumber; 29/08/08 06:13 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
If the sender is using mIRC tell them to type //say $md5(C:\PATH\TO\FILE\THEY\SENT_YOU.jpg,2) and then do the same with the path to the file where you received it. These values should be equal to one another-- if they are, the file sent just fine.

If the file sent fine, then you have problems with your operating system installation, not mIRC's DCC feature. You could potentially be missing video/audio/image codecs in the viewer/player you're using, but that's far out of the scope of this support forum.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #204705 28/09/08 09:01 PM
L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
I tried what you said, and our results were different. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Last edited by LostNumber; 28/09/08 09:16 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard