Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rioborg Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
R
I'm tired of lame people shutting down my mIRC because they're just stupid.

Is there a way to password protect my mirc so when they try to close mirc it will ask for a password?

They're so lame they won't know the CTRL+ALT+DEL thing to close a program.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
mIRC options - Other - Lock
Lock button

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
In addition to the Lock button in mIRC option, you can hit control down and minimize mirc

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I noticed this thread, and instead of creating a new one i use this.

someone that know if it's possible to lock mirc true /command, and also make mirc use a password from a file i choose? =)

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
You can use the /showmirc command to manipulate the mIRC main window.

To minimize to tray and lock, /showmirc -tl

This will ask you for a password if you haven't entered one before. You can't specify the password via a command.

-genius_at_work

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
and can you prevent from closing mirc? tested to "lock" mirc, maybe a DLL or something that can prevent this from happen?

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
alt + o > Other > lock, ticks "Hide tray menu window list when locked"i've misunderstood the aim of this option"

You can try this, it reproduce the ctrl + minimize thing and fill the *asking Lock dialog* with your password if needed :
Code:
alias tray-pass {
if ($com(a)) .comclose a 
if ($com(b)) .comclose b 
.comopen a WScript.Shell  
.comopen b WScript.Shell 
.comclose a $com(a,SendKeys,3,*bstr,% {up 3}^(~)) 
.timer -h 1 300 .comclose b $!iif($appactive,$com(b,SendKeys,3,*bstr, $$1{tab} $!+ $$1 $!+ {tab}~))
}
/tray-pass "password"

Last edited by Wims; 29/09/08 12:42 AM.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
That worked just fine. Any simulare way you can "unlock" mirc ? I making a complement to mirc's own lock function, as it is with this one now the user need to write the pass two time's, first to unlock mirc it self, then unlock the script. and this is only IF mirc is locked with the mirc's own lock function. made it possible to only lock with the script or lock both mirc and the script.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
What ? What the purpose of lock mirc AND your script ? Lock mirc will lock your script... And i don't seems to understand what you want, you want a way to automatically open mirc again (from tray) and fill the lock dialog with the "set pass" ?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I lock mirc, but at the same time my script disable all /commands, it also lock popups so they cant be used, the thing i wanted to have more to this function was to disable the ability to close mirc, and when it's minized to tray you cant without a password, how ever when i want to unlock mirc, then i want it to be so i only need to type the password 1 time, now i need to type it 2 times. the command i use in my script is: /lock

Last edited by sparta; 29/09/08 08:56 PM.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I'm lost.
Quote:
the thing i wanted to have more to this function was to disable the ability to close mirc, and when it's minized to tray you cant without a password
When I lock mirc (tray) I can't close mirc without the password, I'm not sure about what you mean.

Try to be more precise, what does your alias /lock ?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Originally Posted By: sparta
I lock mirc, but at the same time my script disable all /commands, it also lock popups so they cant be used

i want to unlock mirc, then i want it to be so i only need to type the password 1 time, now i need to type it 2 times. Now mirc's default password dialog opens, then when im done with that one i need to enter the password in my own dialog, would be good to send a command to mirc that i unlocked it. then i can open mirc as soon as i know the right password is given in the "mirc lock dialog", the only thing i can type in it while locked is just /lock, everything else is disabled.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Why are you trying to lock mirc and your script, it's just useless, you can simply disable all /cmd when mirc is locked...

Quote:
would be good to send a command to mirc that i unlocked it. then i can open mirc as soon as i know the right password is given in the "mirc lock dialog", the only thing i can type in it while locked is just /lock, everything else is disabled.

When mirc is locked, there nothing you can do, there nothing you can type/do, you just have access to the tray icon in order to unlock it.
The idea would be to unlock your script when mirc is unlocked, but i'm not sure with what you're blocking in your script.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I block /commands with:
Code:
on *:input:*:{
  if ($group(#poplock) == on) {
  if ($1 == /lock) { lock | halt }
  elseif ($1 != /lock) {
    echo -a Lock-down is enabled, all commands disabled, un-lock with '/lock'
    halt
  }
 }
}

and i lock popups with:
Code:
#poplock on
all my popups here
#poplock end

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
1st.
Originally Posted By: sparta
I block /commands with:

Try using /!command
The ! will ensure mIRC uses the built-in command and more.

e.g.
Code:
/!disable #poplock

2nd.
Originally Posted By: Wims
When mirc is locked, there nothing you can do, there nothing you can type/do, you just have access to the tray icon in order to unlock it.

This is true, but you can by-pass lock password, so why all this trouble?

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
mIRC is locked and you're disabling the input /cmd, but how do you expect someone to enter a command if mirc is locked ? there several thing i can't understand.

Originally Posted By: Crinul
This is true, but you can by-pass lock password, so why all this trouble?
What do you mean exactly ?

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
mIRC has an option to 'Lock' mIRC. A vulnerability (this is most probably by design) in the way mIRC stores its locking information in the registry allows bypassing.

Why lock something that can not be locked?

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Ok for the by-pass, but it's not my problem lol, I don't care about that.He wants to type the password one time and it should unlock mIRC AND his script in the same time, the only way to do this is to check when mirc is unlocked (with $locked) and to unlock automatically his script.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
I know that is not your problem, I replied to sparta :-)
I'm not sure what is being requested, especially when the OP hasn't come back to explain. We need more information.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I just want to use it as a "security", do you have kids? if you do, then you know they testing everything they arent able to type a command with /!command, but still they can do allot if they can get to the popups and youre oped, i don't like to have mirc minimized, and i just testing around with it and see if it's possible to unlock mirc without the need to type in two passwords when unlock it.. =)

Quote:
Ok for the by-pass, but it's not my problem lol, I don't care about that.He wants to type the password one time and it should unlock mIRC AND his script in the same time, the only way to do this is to check when mirc is unlocked (with $locked) and to unlock automatically his script.

So it can be done? and this means it's a timer running that check if $locked = $true ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard