mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#204666 27/09/08 08:32 AM
B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
B
Today, I looked at my 4 years old DLL code ( named ctlamp2.dll for those who know it ), and thinked about doing some rework on it, one of those was porting the whole thing to WCHARs so that it could support Unicode. I'm often listening at Japanese songs and those characters don't work well with chars. But I discovered that the DLL interface didn't evolved those last 4 years... Is there any plan to provide an Unicode interface in the future ?

Thanks

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
a unicode interface isn't exactly necessary. You have the raw data in bytes and you can do conversion to whichever encoding you want with Windows API functions like MultiByteToWideChar. For now, the entire scripting language isn't even unicode aware-- so sometime in the very faraway future, that will happen and Khaled can make a more convenient interface for dlls. Convenient, but by no means necessary.

To directly answer your question: Khaled doesn't usually divulge future plans, but I can bet you lots of money the DLL interface won't change until there is a real need to do so... that probably won't happen for a while.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard