mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
rocky2k Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
R
When I use mirc, after about 10 clicks, I cant bring up any menus, including the Command menu, and have to restart mIRC to correct it. I am running XP Pro and it also affects other running programmes until I close mIRC. For example, when I right click a file in Windows Explorer, I get a shortened drop down menu....no winzip, winrar stuff, properties etc..all gone till I close MIRC. Anyone got any idea how I can fix this??

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
mIRC version?

the usual fixes:
Reinstall mIRC
Reinstall Windows
Reinstall mIRC
Install other windows version
Reinstall mIRC

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
sounds like you have a broken Dll loaded.

P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
P
I've been getting this same thing ever since i got a new computer with Win XP Home. Fist i thought it was a conflict with $submenu but now that doesn't seem to be the case. Now wondering if it's caused by dynamic popups. This is a very annoying bug. I did reinstall mIRC, still same problem afterwards. No mIRC dll's loaded.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ive not had this problem myself but i wrote a script for the ppl who chat in my chatroom and everyone had no problems with it ... except one user ...... nothing in it seemed to work ..... they removed it fully and tried downloading it again several times and still nothing ...... this same user put the same script on another pc and it worked fine for them ... just that one pc had issue ...... what im wondering is ....... is there possibly a messed up copy of windows xp out there as this was also the case in her circumstance ... is this a windows xp related issue or has it been seen in other OS's maybe with alil more randomness to this we could isolate this alil further ...... but id have to say if this is the case something is wrong with ur windows and not with mirc as this is the only thing i can think of if the script ur using worked on several pcs just not urs .......

D3m0nnet.com
T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
i've been trough this also, WinXP Pro Build 2600.
It happened earlier during the initializing stages, where mIRC was booting and all scripts loading, rightclicking then a few times woull make rightclick... disappear, this was generally happening for a week or so, then it just dissappeared.

Teazle
#help.script - QuakeNet
A
A
It will disapear after installing the windows updates.

Link Copied to Clipboard