X
Im not really that sure if its a bug but here are the details:

Example:
I wanted to change the image of an toolbar icon. Lets say i do:
/toolbar -p connect example.bmp
The button for connect changes its image to example.bmp
And it works just fine if i click it

BUT

If after previous command I do /toolbar -fs to save the settings so I wont have to change image every time on start, when i re-start mirc, the connect button stays example.bmp BUT the button its self doesent work anymore. You can click it but nothing happens.

Tried on 6.31 6.32 6.33 6.34 versions same thing, all with no scripts loaded.

Any ideas?

Regards
Xaifas

X.A.I.F.A.S.: Xperimental Artificial Individual Fabricated for Accurate Sabotage
Xaifas #204104 08/09/08 02:33 PM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
In the help file, there is a note under /help /toolbar, i think it might explain this behavior

Last edited by Wims; 08/09/08 02:34 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Wims #204105 08/09/08 02:42 PM
X
Xaifas Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
X
"Note: Modifying some of the default mIRC buttons, such as Connect, Notify, etc. may not always work since they are managed by mIRC. They can however be deleted."

What mirc help file says.

C'mon then what is the point of /toolbar -p ? if you change the default icons they are expected to not work anymore?

If so, why doesent it stop working after you change it? Since it does that after you restart mirc ...

So not cool, gues I have to start using dlls for even things that are implemented by default on mirc. frown

X.A.I.F.A.S.: Xperimental Artificial Individual Fabricated for Accurate Sabotage
Xaifas #204108 08/09/08 05:47 PM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I'm not saying it's not a bug, i don't know since i never used /toolbar.I think the note was just something you should be aware of

Wims #204132 09/09/08 11:38 AM
X
Xaifas Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Bump for this.
Wana see an fix on next version or an explication of why is mIRC behaving like that.

cry

Xaifas #204134 09/09/08 12:04 PM
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Bumping a thread you opened just yesterday is annoying and serves no purpose. Your demanding tone doesn't help either.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Xaifas #204138 09/09/08 04:24 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Originally Posted By: Xaifas
if you change the default icons they are expected to not work anymore?

The above is a misleading statement. As far as I understand from your post, the icons will stay, so if you change the default icons they *are* expected to work. What isn't expected to work is changing default behaviour. This is explicitly stated in the documentation and is not a bug.

mIRC is an IRC client, not a scripting platform. It has functionality that it needs to make sure is being supplied to the user. mIRC is giving you permission with /toolbar to do what you need to do, but mIRC still needs to make sure it can do what *it* needs to do-- be a usable IRC client. Customizability is one thing, but if you really need to modify every feature in the UI you should consider writing your own client instead.

Originally Posted By: Xaifas
gues [sic] I have to start using dlls for even things that are implemented by default on mirc

No dlls necessary. You're making this more than it is. Try the ON START event:

Code:
ON *:START: {
  ; override toolbar behaviour here
}

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #204153 09/09/08 09:28 PM
X
Xaifas Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Quote:
The above is a misleading statement. As far as I understand from your post, the icons will stay, so if you change the default icons they *are* expected to work. What isn't expected to work is changing default behaviour. This is explicitly stated in the documentation and is not a bug.

I didnt changed the behaviour of buttons, i only changed the image of icons.

And using on *:START to change the icons everytime you start mirc is pointless and annoying since you got -fs to save the options.

Anyway I used dll so you can delete the thread.

Xaifas #204157 09/09/08 11:00 PM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
What is pointless is to use a dll when you don't need to

Xaifas #204159 09/09/08 11:54 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Dlls don't just load automatically, so I imagine you're using an ON START event to load it anyway.. I guess I'm missing the part where you conclude that resetting the toolbar on start is any different from using your dll which essentially does the same thing.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Xaifas #205044 10/10/08 03:07 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks I was able to reproduce this issue. It's a little tricky because mIRC manages the default buttons itself on some levels. However this particular issue should be fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard