mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
diggle Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
I upgraded to the new version of mIRC. I have two issues, one more important than the other.

1. I am constantly losing my connection to IRC with the new version of mIRC. I know that it is the version, and not a connection issue with the server or my own computer as I am concurrently running two instances of an older version, connection to the same server, and not losing my connection.

Is this a problem with the version, or is there some (new?) setting I need to set.

I own a channel, and Op in a couple of others, so I need to be able to lurk and log, even when I'm afk for hours at a time.

2. When I upgraded I screwed up and failed to hit the "upgrade" button. In what directory were my old files saved? I do believe I selected this option and I lost about 2 years of programming through my careless error. Help? smile

Thanks in advance.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
1) We would need the actual disconnection message to be of any possible help regarding the disconnections.

2) The backup information is always saved in a sub-directory of the installation directory, called backups

D
diggle Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
It's a Ping time out -

[16:56] * pheaux (harobot@E8FB10F6.4551CA97.205540ED.IP) Quit (Ping timeout)
[17:05] * pheaux (harobot@E8FB10F6.4551CA97.205540ED.IP) has joined #WomenOnly
[17:05] * ChanServ sets mode: +qo pheaux pheaux

The other issue is that the program keeps freezing, "failing to respond" messages. This is on Vista with scads of resources, etc. Again, this does not happen on the other two instances, and did not happen on this instance until the upgrade.

Thanks again, in advance.

Deborah

P.S. "Always" notwithstanding - my old ini/mrc files were not saved, and I had to revert to a more than a year old copy, losing that year plus worth of work. It's been frustrating, to say the least.

Last edited by diggle; 31/08/08 05:39 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard