mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Have been away a while, now i downloaded the latest version of mirc, and i noticed it have a "red line" in the channel everytime i join one, how can i disable this ? havent found it on the forum and havent seen any options for it in mirc.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Go to mIRC Options, Display, Options, Click the Line Marker... button, and uncheck Show Line Marker.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Thnx smile i did know it was there somewhere, but well hided for me wink

Now to my next problem wink in my "old" version of mirc it allways saved the logs/files in path/mirc . now it saves it to Documents and Settings, any way i can get the old way back again? cos it suck a bit to brows true all that maps to get to my folder where mirc saves the script files/logs. i know i have seen something about it here befor but arent able to find it. frown thnx in advance.

Last edited by sparta; 26/08/08 09:33 PM.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
You need to type this in mIRC first of all:

Code:
//run $nofile($mircexe)

This will open up the executable files folder.

Now type this:

Code:
/run .

This will open up the mIRC directory, where settings, etc are stored.

Exit mIRC, and then cut (CUT, not COPY) the mirc.ini file from here, and place it in the other directory you have open - the one with the mIRC executable.

Next time you run mIRC it should have updated your directories.

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Still the mirc dir = Documents and Settings , i wanted it to be C:\mirc as an example, not anything else. This cant be changed? in that case i going back to v 6.30 ..

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
As you were told: place mirc.ini in the same directory as mirc.exe

You should be able to follow simple instructions after 5 1/2 years on these forums.

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
it is there, and still it saves the logs to wrong directory, if it hadent i wouldent be asking. So no reason for you to be rude!

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
If //echo -a $mircdir doesn't return the location of the mirc.exe then you've done something wrong, check your mIRC shortcuts for command-line parameters.

Make sure you update your logging settings in mIRC Options.

Link Copied to Clipboard