mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
V
vicvix Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
Hi,I have 2 computers connected with wifi and I can't connect the 2 computers at the same time to IRC,there is a form to resolve the problem.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
try using different ports? 6660 - 6669 default is 6667

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You need to give much more info than "I can't connect to the 2 computers at the same time"

What servers are you connecting to? How? What version of mIRC? Are you connecting them to the same server? What does "can't connect" mean? What is the error message you get?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
V
vicvix Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
Trying to connect to Quakenet with IRCap 8.23,I have port 113 open for the two computers but when I'm connected in one and I try to connect with the other says: Closing Link: netZvic by mediatraffic2.fi.quakenet.org (Too many connections from your host)

Last edited by vicvix; 23/08/08 09:09 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This means (as stated in the message) that there are too many connections from your host. Since you state that you are connecting via wifi, there may be other people connecting via that same wifi, and they are sharing the same host address as both of the computers that you are trying to use.
Is this your personal wifi connection (ie: do you have access to change settings and passwords on the wifi)?
If so, I suggest that you change whatever password is currently set to restrict access to the wifi router, and if there isn't one, establish one.
This will reduce or eliminate the number of people that can be using your wifi without your knowledge.

As I don't use wifi, I can't be of any further assistance regarding setting/changing passwords.

Link Copied to Clipboard