Print Thread
E
eoke Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
E
Hi,

Before I start I just want to say that I've tried to search for this problem, but I've come up empty. Sorry if it's been mentioned earlier.

Anyhow, the problem I have came when I recently updated to mIRC 6.34 from 6.21 and is about the way channels get highlighted and displayed whenever there's a message or action going on in the channel. Or when my nick gets highlighted.

First, under Options -> Display I have set a blue for Events, red for Messages and green for Highlight. I'll be using messages in the examples below, but the issue is the same no matter.

I run mIRC windowed and I usually always have it up to see if there's something going on. With mIRC 6.21 if the mIRC window wasn't active but I had a channel open and there was activity in that channel, the channel name would stay black and not turn red cause of a new message.
With mIRC 6.34, that name now turns red instead of staying black, and will not turn back to black until I select mIRC as the active window to use.

- Pic 01:
mIRC windowed and inactive, but a new message has been posted in the active channel.

- Pic 02:
mIRC is now selected as the active window, and the red finally goes away.

Is there a way to fix this behavior back to how it functioned in 6.21? I suspect it was introduced with 6.3 or 6.31 when there was Vista support and new icons introduced.

The next image I can't remember if it functioned the same in 6.21 as it does now in 6.34, but if I hoover with my mouse over the channel button it looks awkward.

- Pic 03:
mIRC windowed and inactive and a new message has been posted in the active channel, but with mouse hoovering over the channel button. If I remove the mouse from the channel button it goes back to how it looks in Pic 01. The animation doesn't look good at all - but maybe that's because of Vistas buttons.

Either way, if this has been explained already somewhere, please excuse this post and point me into the right direction. If not, I hope to get some help or feedback on how to resolve this issue I'm having. Also, has anyone else noticed this (since I haven't found anything related to this issue, yet)?

Thanks in advance and for taking your time,
eoke.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
E
eoke Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks for the post, too bad I didn't find it before. blush

Time will tell if I'll adapt or if I'll have to revert back to 6.21 due to this. eek

E
eoke Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Just noted something else this morning, still using mIRC 6.34.

After I was connected to the first network, I then proceeded to type /server -m ircserver.com, and then switched to another window, leaving mIRC as an inactive window.

While it continued to join channels according to the perform, the button was still showing as I was having the status window open, while I in fact had the #lunara channel opened.

It switched to showing #lunara as the active button immediately when I selected mIRC as the active window.

Is this a bug, or 'intended'?

Last edited by eoke; 19/08/08 07:29 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard