mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hi all,

I was very pleased to find out that mirc can now handle longer messages, nicks, variables etc. However I found out that though I am able to send bigger messages, mirc fails to receive them fully still frown . I use mirc on a flash IRC server where HTML formatting is present in the text hence the text messages can become very large. I discovered that mirc is now able to send 2112 characters but still only able to receive 512.

With Kind Regards,

Mystic Wizard

I
Babel fish
Babel fish
I
its because the irc server its settings are set to 512.

Last edited by ik000ike; 09/08/08 08:26 AM.
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hi ik000ike smile

You might be right. This server has 2 modes though. One is clientmode 1 wich is what web based chat uses. This mode is receiving the full length from my script. There are some IRC socket scripts that also use clientmode 1 and the one I have here does not recieve the full message.

Does connecting with mirc via clientmode 1 still use the mirc server or does it not distinguish from web based clients?

(the server is www.buzzen.com)

I
Babel fish
Babel fish
I
webchat and mirc connect to the same , altho i think ( but not sure ) uses more than 1 server and lets you random connect ( redirect ) to one of them therefor it could be that not all servers are set to 512 but dont quote me on that.
as i said not realy sure since i dont go there.
also check your mirc settings on flood detection.
ps: i dont see the reason why you would need to send over 512.

Last edited by ik000ike; 10/08/08 06:19 PM.
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hi again,

Thanks for your answer. I'll check my flood settings.

The reason I'd like to send more then 512 is the following. This server supports multiple color formatting in one line. This means that I can give a color to every individual character. Because of this I wrote a gradient line generator for my script wich works fine. The result however is that with every character the following code is send: [style co:#123456;] As you can understand this creates very large lines.

Before the mirc update I was able to send a line with 39 characters before I got line too long. I now am able to use 100 characters before the server cuts it off (and displays it in webchat).

For some screenshots view below: http://home.planet.nl/~ingen218/BCManager.html

I will try testing some HTML scripts in the future to see If these "line to long" errors are present there too.

Last edited by MysticWizard; 11/08/08 09:39 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard