mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
rjalex Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
I am not understanding (and it appears to be false) if the notify list in the address book could support wildchars and/or regexps.

I now have a long stupid list of friends with various suffixes such as:

Bob|AFK
Bob
BobGone
BobATWork

etc.

Thank you

P
Babel fish
Babel fish
P
I do not think wildcards are possible in that case, because mIRC's notify feature uses the WATCH function of the irc servers.
As far as I can remember, WATCH does not support wildcards, only the full name...
Otherwise, it would be possible to find out every connected person on an irc server.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I don't know about regular expressions, although I'm doubting that they will work, but I do know that wildcards will not work.

If you have a long list, such as you posted, you might be smarter to use a notify script rather than the notify list.

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow

If you have a long list, such as you posted, you might be smarter to use a notify script rather than the notify list.
[/quote]

Do you mind sharing that script in this or some other thread?:)

Thanks.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
For those who *actually* read the help file in this day and age:

Originally Posted By: mirc.hlp
Note: Some IRC networks might let you use a full address instead of just a nickname, the only way to see if it works is to try it out.

In the above case, wildcard matches would work. Again, it depends on the server as the help file says, and I've never encountered one of those myself.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard