Print Thread
#202445 22/07/08 04:40 PM
T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
I was telling someone to update mIRC, they said they cant... because they got this message:

Service Temporarily Unavailable The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I then tried the same thing, and got the message:
This Account Has Been Suspended

The page that had the error message:
http://fast.selcuklu.net/suspended.page/

The script that sent me there was:
http://mirc.com/get.php

on the second attempt, it worked fine... Sounds like a few of the mirrors are down?

Anyhow, In-case you have geo-location in your script to refer the mirrors, I'm in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia... and She is in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
mirrors are picked randomly, and especially near after a release they're not all sync'd up yet. It's no big deal.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
It might not be a big deal to you personally, but when people are thinking that they are blocked from downloading mIRC, that's a bad thing.

It could be a major problem if another exploit is found...

Anyhow, I believe it should be fixed... and if you look at that page, it shows that the site admin should contact billing department... indicating it hasn't paid its bills

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Suspension error pages like those are also a standard message for accounts that go over their monthly bandwidth allotment.. something which could have happened if it's been sending out mIRC 6.33 to a lot of people .. So again, it's not a big deal. The mirror should be temporarily removed, but these things happen.. it's not all that serious or anything related to an exploit (don't know where that came from). Nobody's being blocked from downloading mIRC-- as I said, there are *multiple* mirrors (hence the concept "mirror"), so if one exceeded a limit, just try it again and use another mirror, it will work.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Perhaps a note should be placed on the download page stating that if download fails, try again to get a different mirror.

-genius_at_work

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I personally think mIRC should revert to the old page style that statically listed all of the mirror sites below the download link instead of blindly/randomly giving the url to the user, that way they can choose from a source closest to or most trusted by them in the event that the primay link fails.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
Originally Posted By: argv0
I personally think mIRC should revert to the old page style that statically listed all of the mirror sites below the download link instead of blindly/randomly giving the url to the user, that way they can choose from a source closest to or most trusted by them in the event that the primay link fails.

I 2nd that!

Link Copied to Clipboard