Print Thread
#202501 23/07/08 04:47 PM
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
Hi,
I checked my settings a lot of times and yes, they are right.
As we know, mIRC supports UTF-8 since Version 6.17.

All will work installing a fresh mIRC.

As I got a view Scripts and Popups in my mIRC since years, I always exchange only the mirc.exe with the updated one. The only thing which does not work is the UTF-8 support.

Are there any known issues that UTF-8 Display does not work in combination with some scripts?

I am trying to find the point where the error sits.

Thx for any answers.

Last edited by NiGHtOwL; 23/07/08 04:47 PM.

gr33tz
NiGHtOwL
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
The scripts are most likely using "special" ASCII characters (those with codepoints > 127) which are invalid UTF-8. When mIRC attempts to display those lines it will see that they contain invalid UTF-8 characters and will revert to 8-bit. The solution is to use $utfencode() around the offending high-ASCII characters so that they're correctly encoded as UTF-8.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Also note that "supports utf-8" is not an end-all statement. There are still many outlying issues with unicode in mIRC and the script engine, and there's still the deep rooted problem of mixing unicode with ansi and other encodings over IRC. This may not explain why your script isn't working *at all*, but it may explain why it fails if it only does so in certain situations.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard