mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
wshs Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
W
I'm in an environment where websites are blocked from downloading anything except when added to a trusted list (sorta like any corporation on the planet). It works well until you want to download mIRC. Perhaps someone should list the download servers and paths so that people in a security conscious environment could actually download mIRC without putting their network at risk in the process?

Acquire. Analyze. Adapt.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I think the new system was implemented to better spread the burden on hosting sites. They seemed to be in decline from what I last saw when the full list was displayed. It also helps cut down on the confusion for new users over whether they *have* to download from the country they're in, although it was stated (in red I believe) that it doesn't matter which site you download from, some new users were confused. It also fits in with the minimalist design of the rest of the new mIRC website. So, it doesn't really need "fixing".

It seems you can now download mIRC from the mIRC website itself, www.mirc.co.uk/<latestversionnumber>.exe so does it help to simply add that to your Trusted list when the time comes?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
W
wshs Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
W
That works, as does mirc.com/mirc633.exe. So, assuming the web server isn't compromised, I'll keep mirc.com in the trusted site list. laugh

Acquire. Analyze. Adapt.

Link Copied to Clipboard