mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#201357 26/06/08 04:15 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
how do you set up mIRC to transmit your text as one colour (all the time) and show other peoples text as an individual colour per person (basically the colour you know them to use...but noone else uses) if that makes sense

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You can set mIRC to send text as a specific colour by altering the colour used with the colours dialog box accessed with Alt+K

As to seeing what other people type in a specific colour, that would require one of the following:
1) The person sending the message would have to use a specific colour.
2) A script that removes the colour sent, and replaces it with the colour you want to see it in.

RusselB #201783 04/07/08 03:31 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Originally Posted By: RusselB
You can set mIRC to send text as a specific colour by altering the colour used with the colours dialog box accessed with Alt+K

As to seeing what other people type in a specific colour, that would require one of the following:
1) The person sending the message would have to use a specific colour.
2) A script that removes the colour sent, and replaces it with the colour you want to see it in.

erm...the people sending the messages are sometimes using specific colours but it doesn't show them (despite me telling mIRC i want it to) and i don't know how to do the script thing (the help on the faqs page of mirc.com doesn't make sense)

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Unless your settings or a script are overriding the colors/formatting of the text that the other people are sending, then you should see the text as they are sending it.

Can you provide us with some examples of text that has been sent using specific colours from someone else, and how you see that same text? If possible, screenshots from both the sender and you showing the same information would be best.

RusselB #201992 11/07/08 03:57 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
never mind...someone helped me on the channel and i had acidentally told it to strip codes from incoming text

Link Copied to Clipboard