mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Clorith Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
When using the scroll "wheel" on my mouse (touchpad) within any dialog, mIRC stops responding.

I'm using a HP Compaq nc8430 with all the latest drivers installed.

Note that I do not know if this is present on other builds of Windows Vista, but it is on this build, there are no issues with the dialog used in any other OS (Tested on Windows 98 and up to XP Pro)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This *may* be related this this bug posting.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Clorith Offline OP
OP Offline
C
It might be related, although this is not a high resolution mouse, just a plain touchpad, and I have no scrolling issues anywhere else on mIRC except for listboxes in dialogs.

Again, this is only an issue on vista, as I have a Razer mouse on XP and it has no issues at all no matter how I use it.

C
Clorith Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I guess i should bump this and say that 6.32 still crashes mIRC if you use a touch pad scroll (not sure about regular mouse connected, as I have none at the moment) on vista business SP1. Using the scroll wheel anywhere when a dialog containing a listbox is active, will freeze mIRC.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this issue here, on a range of desktop and notebook computers. I tested both with notebook touchpad scrolling and several scroll wheel mice. If I recall correctly, this is the first time anyone has ever reported such an issue, so it's quite likely that the issue is related to your mouse/touchpad drivers. Have you upgraded to the latest drivers for your computer?

C
Clorith Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have the latest drivers, and it is quite odd, as the problem first arose when i updated to 6.31 on my vista notebook (previous versions have no issues with the scroll wheel)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Which is the most recent previous version of mIRC that works for you? I might be able to spot the issue by comparing the way both versions work, however it could be a little more complicated than that.

Link Copied to Clipboard